25th December 2015, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study M.Sc(Astronomy) for B.Tech Mechanical student?

Hi,
I am a B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student. During my Engineering I have realized that I am more interested in Astronomy related topics. My question is, that if a B.Tech student can get admission in M.Sc Astronomy course after his B.Tech?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study M.S.(Mechanical Engineering) in Germany for a candidate who is pursuing German Level A1, & A2 with IELTS?
  2. How can I study MS in Abroad with scholarship being a B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 3rd year student?
  3. Possibility to study M.Sc(Astronomy) for B.Tech Mechanical student? -- [New]
  4. Possibility of becoming an Ayurvedic Practitioner after degree in Mechanical?
  5. Possibility to study B.E. in Sound Engineering for Mechanical student?
  6. Possibility to study in Abroad for 10th female student?
  7. Possibility to study MS in Lancaster University for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer who has 2 years of working experience?
  8. Is there any possibility to do B.Tech without entrance exam for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  9. Possibility to study M.Tech(Marine Engineering) for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student?
  10. Possibility to study B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  11. What are the various branches in B.tech courses?
  12. Possibility to study B.Sc in Hotel Management after completing B.E.(Mechanical Engineering)?
  13. Procedure to study Automobile Engineering in Germany for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student?
  14. Possibility to study B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  15. Possibility to change stream into Mechanical Engineering if pursuing B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?
  16. M.Tech in Abroad for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student?
  17. Higher studies options after mechanical engineering btech? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can rvd btech student do mtech in other universities ?
31st December 2015, 07:41 PM
userdefined

Default Re: Possibility to study M.Sc(Astronomy) for B.Tech Mechanical student?

Yes, you can do M.S. after your B.E. but there are very limited colleges there offering this course in Post Graduation course.
You have to write GRE and TOEFL and get good marks in this Exam and this will be useful for admission in the foreign Universities.
1st January 2016, 10:16 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I am a B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student. During my Engineering I have realized that I am more interested in Astronomy related topics. My question is, that if a B.Tech student can get admission in M.Sc Astronomy course after his B.Tech?

Sorry it is not possible to study the M.Sc in Astronomy after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering. The eligibility to study the M.Sc in Astronomy is a pass in B.Sc with Physics and Mathematics as two optional subjects. The admission will be based on entrance test conducted by the university. So the aspirant can study some other courses like MBA, M.Tech etc.
1st January 2016, 11:28 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria for Master Degree in Astronomy:

You must have taken Physics as your stream at bachelor's degree level so as to get admission in M.Sc Astronomy.

No, Bachelor of Technology candidates are not eligible for this course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?