23rd July 2018, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study MCA for BSc(IT) student?

Sir, I am interested MCA course after completing my BSc(IT). So, is it possible for me to do this MCA course in my Post Graduation after my BSc IT program? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you!

24th July 2018, 12:05 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study MCA for BSc(IT) student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am interested MCA course after completing my BSc(IT). So, is it possible for me to do this MCA course in my Post Graduation after my BSc IT program? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you!

Possibility to study MCA for BSc (IT) student is high. Students who have passed any degree or appearing for the final year degree examination in any discipline (Science, Commerce, Arts, Engineering, etc.) with mathematics at 10+ 2 level are eligible to study MCA. The above given is the common eligibility to study MCA. Therefore, students who have passed BSc (IT) are eligible to study MCA. They have to appear for an entrance examination for the admission to study MCA.
24th July 2018, 08:18 PM
careerrider

Thumbs up Re: Possibility to study MCA for BSc(IT) student?

Eligibility criteria to study MCA (Master of computer applications)

*Any graduate who is passed or appearing final exams of their degree with the discipline science,commerce,arts or engineering are eligible to apply

*Candidates must have studied mathematics either in their 10+2 or any year of graduation.

*Candidates who have BCA are eligible to apply.

In your case Since you have B.Sc(IT) graduate,certainly you are eligible to pursue MCA.
24th July 2018, 09:27 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

M.C.A. Eligibilty:

Any graduate who has passed or appearing for the final year degree examination in any discipline is eligible to apply.

Candidates must have Mathematics as a subject in their 10 + 2 course or any one year of graduation. B.C.A. qualified candidates can also pursue M.C.A.
24th July 2018, 09:50 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application and as the name suggests same is a master degree course of three years with a very good career scope in the software and IT industry.

The minimum education required for pursuing MCA is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. But, one must have studied Mathematics either at their Class 12th level or at their graduation level.

So, being a student of B.Sc in Information technology degree course you are certainly eligible to pursue MCA degree course as you must have opted for PCM group for your Class 12th academics since you are a student of B.Sc(IT) degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?