2nd November 2017, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do C.A. after B.A. in Arts?

I have done my 12th in stream commerce. Then, I completed my graduation from stream of Arts (B.A). Now I want to do C.A . Is it possible to do CA. If it is possible then please tell my how I can do?

3rd November 2017, 09:39 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do C.A. after B.A. in Arts?

Yes, it is possible to do C.A after completion of your B.A in Arts course. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in Non-Commerce stream with minimum aggregate of 60% aggregate marks from a recognised university are eligible to pursue C.A course directly by registering for IPCC without appearing in CPT examination. If you have secured less than 60% aggregate marks in your Bachelor's degree course then, you need to appear in CPT examination to get admission for pursuing C.A course.
3rd November 2017, 12:42 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my 12th in stream commerce. Then, I completed my graduation from stream of Arts (B.A). Now I want to do C.A . Is it possible to do CA. If it is possible then please tell my how I can do?

Yes, it is possible to do CA after completion of BA. Those candidates who have passed graduation with a minimum of 60% marks can apply for CA IPCC directly without appearing for the CA CPT. CA IPCC contains two groups. Group 1 has four subjects and Group 2 has three subjects. After completion of the IPCC, candidates can register for Practical Training for three years. Candidates can register for the CA Final Course and appear for the CA Final examinations. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is conducting the Chartered Accountancy (CA) course and examinations. The ICAI website link is given Click Here
3rd November 2017, 02:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, C.A is definitely available for a BA graduate, in fact it is open to any class 12th pass student. All you have to do is, qualify CPT and then apply for CA IPCC.

Just prepare according to the syllabus of CPT after getting yourself registered. Its all up to you to prepare according to your own convenience.
3rd November 2017, 06:02 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, it is quite possible to do CA after completion of BA in Arts, no matter which discipline you belong to, you are eligible to pursue CA course.
In order to get admission in CA course, you must have to register for the Common Proficiency Test (CPT) of the CA programme. Those candidates who have graduated in non-commerce discipline with an aggregate marks of 55% from a recognized university, are exempted from the CPT exam and they are permitted to register for IPCC (Integrated Professional Competence Course). After qualifying in CPT examination, you need to qualify IPCC (Integrated Professional Competence Course) exam which is a 2nd step toward CA course.
After qualifying in IPCC, you can register as Articled clerks for training and for admission to the final course of CA.
3rd November 2017, 08:12 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can pursue CA after completing B.A in Arts. There are 3 levels of the course : Foundation course, Intermediate course and final. As you have completed your graduation, so you can directly appear for Intermediate course which is 9 month long. You can visit the official website of ICWA (http://icmai.in/icmai/index.php)and get the notification details as when to apply for the examination.
3rd November 2017, 10:03 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

C.A. course refers to Chartered Accountancy Course which is a professional degree course divided into three stages which includes Common Proficiency Test (CPT), Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC) and the final stage course.

Further to pursue CA degree course starting with CPT the minimum educational requirement is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board.

So being a B.A. ( Bachelor of Arts ) degree holder you are certainly eligible for pursuing C.A. course. Also if you have managed to secure 60% marks in your bachelor degree then you can exempt CPT course of CA course and directly apply for IPCC through direct entry scheme.
3rd November 2017, 10:56 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

You cannot apply for CA course on the basis of your Graduation as you have done your Graduation in Arts stream.
Since you have completed your class 12th from Commerce stream, on the basis of class 12th, you can apply for CA course.
To do so, you need to apply from the very beginning of CPT stage.
Once after qualifying in the CPT, you then have to appear in the IPCC stage.
After qualifying the IPCC stage, you will be in the final stage of CA.
9th November 2017, 01:21 PM
Onlyforme

Yes, it is possible to do CA after completing your bachelor degree. If you score minimum 60% marks then you are eligible to direct apply in IPCC stage which is the second stage of CA. The first stage of CA is CPT if you score 60% marks you will be eligible to exempt this stage and you will be able to direct apply in IPCC test. So, you need not to worry about this. You will have to sincere about this. Good luck
13th November 2017, 11:41 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to apply for CA. To get admission in CA you have to give CPT exam.
If you have got more than 60% marks in your graduation that is BA than you can directly apply for IPCC otherwise, firstly you have to clear CPT exam.
You have to do preparation according to the syllabus. You have to work hard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?