14th February 2012, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

How may I join Indian army after completing graduation from arts stream?

Why i always hear.....b.sc n y nt arts.....is arts facility in army is only in g.d.....do'nt they an other facility throught arts.....is my certificate of arts useless in army?

14th April 2012, 11:33 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How may I join Indian army after completing graduation from arts stream?

Hai,
Yes shore you can eligale to write indian army exam through CDS exam.

Eligibility criteria:

You have to complete your graduation from any recognised university in any stream.

Age limits is 18 to 24 years.

Male and female candidates also eligible.

Candidate must be physically fit.

All the best
6th May 2012, 10:41 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How may I join Indian army after completing graduation from arts stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why i always hear.....b.sc n y nt arts.....is arts facility in army is only in g.d.....do'nt they an other facility throught arts.....is my certificate of arts useless in army?
There is only one entry scheme that is Combined defence service examination through which you can apply for the Indian Army as an officer after the completion of your graduation. The CDS examination is conducted by the Union Public service commission twice in a year. The eligibility required for the combined defence service examination is given below:

Education Qualification
Candidate applying for the combined defence service examination should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.
For Indian Air force and Navy candidate should have physics and Maths at 10+2 level.

Age Limit
Indian Military Academy 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy 19-25Years
Naval Academy 19-23 Years
Officers’ Training Academy 19-25 Years

Candidates who qualified the CDS examination will be called for the SSB examination. This examination is of 5 days. After this a medical examination and then the finally selected candidates merit list will be displayed on the web site of UPSC.

For more information on Combined defence service examination you can also visit at the below web site:
www.upsc.gov.in
6th May 2012, 10:56 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How may I join Indian army after completing graduation from arts stream?

Hi,
you join the indian army first you crack the CDS exam after complete the graduation.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service. This exam conducted by the upsc twice in a year.

CDS exam three types

indian army

navy

indian air force

eligibility criteria:

the candidate complete the graduation from a recognized university.

The age limit of the candidate should be 19 to 24 years.

Only unmarried male candidate are eligible for this exam. But the candidate should be citizen of india.

The candidate physically and medically fit for this exam.

Selection Process:

Preliminary exam

interview

Medical test

for more information vivit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
6th May 2012, 02:18 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Army after completion of Graduation from Arts stream through appearing CDS entrance exam.

CDS - COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to :-

INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY
INDIAN NAVAL ACADEMY
INDIAN AIR FORCE ACADEMY
INDIAN OFFICER'S TRAINING ACADEMY

The candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years with good Physical and Mental condition, is eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy of CDS.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
8th May 2012, 12:24 AM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Hai....

Yes,you are eligible to join in INDIAN ARMY.First you need to apply for the CDs exam this exam conducted by the UPSC twice a year.

Graduate students are applicable for this exam and age limit for this exam is 19 to 24 years.Only unmarried male candidates are applicable,candidate should be a citizen of india.

Selection process done in 3 phases:

1.written exam

2.Interview

3.Medical test

For more information regards visit www.upsc.gov.in

BEST OF LUCK....
22nd May 2012, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

CAN I JOIN INDIAN ARMY AFTER COMPLETING B.COM FROM REGISTERED UNIVERSITY?
22nd May 2012, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

CAN I JOIN INDIAN ARMY AFTER COMPLETING B.COM FROM REGISTERED UNIVERSITY
31st January 2013, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

How may I join Indian army after completing post graduation from computer application stream?

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/how-may-i-join-indian-army-after-completing-graduation-arts-stream-621508.html#ixzz2JZc9gupF
23rd April 2013, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Is physics n maths is important for CDs exam if he or she is from arts background if yes then how he or she will do maths n physics
7th August 2014, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

i complete 12th in art with 78.00%,how can i join officers ranks in indian army.
2nd July 2017, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I'm studying in M. A. first year and I'm 20 year old. I passed 12th in arts. So sir how can i join Indian army?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?