9th April 2014, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do M.Sc IT after B.A.?

Is it possible to do MSc IT after B.A? What is the eligibility for MSc IT? I have done my B.A this year and my subjects are portical sec., public add and Sociology

11th April 2014, 06:52 AM
naveen1221

Default Re: Is it possible to do M.Sc IT after B.A.?

Hello Friend !!

M.Sc IT -- Master of Sciences in Information Technology.

This is a Post Graduation Course that expires in 2 years.

To get admission in M.Sc IT you must hold a degree in Computer Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Electronics & Communications Engineering / Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering
or
An Equivalent degree from recognized universities.

You must not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on August 1st on year of conduct of examination ( upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs,OBCs and certain others )

This educational qualification clearly states that, the students from the Arts Background are not eligible for doing M.Sc IT.

The reason for this is, the subjects you learned in BA are not related to the Masters programme. So it will be very tough and everything will be new for BA students to take up M.Sc in IT.

This is the reason, the education qualification is defined as mentioned above.

But with BA degree, you can apply for :

MA

MBA

Other Professional courses.

Or else you can also find a job in following areas:

Marketing,
Human Resources ,
Hospitality ,
Event Management ,
Public Relations ,
Corporate Communications ,
Instructional Design .
Content development and ITES firms also recruit English post graduates.

Also,

Advertising ,
Journalism and
Film Making ,

Good Luck !!
11th April 2014, 06:58 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

You considered that you have done your bachelor degree in B.A with subjects political science and sociology. You also considered that you want to do M.Sc in IT if it not so you also want to do M.Sc in computer science.

But I am sorry to says that you can not do M.Sc because M.Sc is stands for master in science it is a science degree for science degree you have an bachelor degree in science subjects. So for M.Sc you have do B.Sc with any discipline or any manner it means honors or without honors (pass) subjects. If you want to know about scope of M.Sc in computer science and M.Sc in IT so now I am clearing about your confusion.

Now a days every field have much more scope by the way M.Sc in IT and M.Sc in computer science are equivalent course so many companies are in India which offers job to the M.Sc IT student also M.Sc computer science students also the companies which offers job to the M.Sc students are like
Infosys
Wipro
Hp
HCL
MICROSOFT Corporation
I ball
Gigabyte
AOC
JUTEKS
SAMSUNG INDIA
NOKIA INDIA

Or many companies in India which offers job to those candidates who completed their M.Sc in IT or M.Sc in computer science also.
28th August 2020, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

sir i have passed simple ba eng can i go msc
29th September 2021, 12:14 AM
Minal F

I suggest you to do graduation in B.Sc after you will take M.Sc IT it's better for you because both are from the same field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?