14th June 2015, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do masters in Mechanical after scoring 5.75 CGPA in B.Tech? Scope of doing masters from US and Europe?

i cracked aieee in my 12th n nw iam doing my b-tech final year in NIT warangal mechanical engineering, due to some personal reason i have a low cgpa, thatz liek 5.75, i wanna do MASTERS in mechanical, n do good in it and have a gr8 future, so what is the scope for me to do masters in US and europe, and what should i do for it, like what all xamz and all..? indly help me out this peak situation!

20th June 2015, 08:41 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do masters in Mechanical after scoring 5.75 CGPA in B.Tech? Scope of doing masters from US and Europe?

Yes, it is possible to do masters in Mechanical Engineering even after scoring 5.75 CGPA in B.Tech because there is no bar in the percentage or CGPA of B.Tech or B.E course for post graduation. The admission is done mainly on the basis of entrance exam. For post graduation in India, you need to appear in GATE to get into good universities and pursue your post graduation. Various private universities also conduct their own entrance exams.

You have ample score for doing Masters in foreign countries as well especially USA and Europe. But you have to score very good marks in the entrance exams based on which the foreign institutes take admission since you have less CGPA in B.Tech and they consider career record during selection process at the time of admission. SO you need to appear and score good marks in GRE and TOEFL/IELTS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?