28th January 2014, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to start career as faculty after PGDM?

Dear Sir,

I have done B.E in Computers with PASS class but I have 65% and completed PGDM in this year with 57% and i want to start my career as a faculty. Is it possible?

If not possible then what will be the solution.

5th March 2014, 07:50 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it possible to start career as faculty after PGDM?

To start your career as faculty,you must have a minimum of Masters degree from a recognized university.If you have done your PGDM from a recognized university which is approved by AICTE then only it is considered as a recognized course.Which there by equivalent to the Masters degree.So based on that with the Masters degree qualification in the above case,then you may apply for the Faculty or Lecturer post.

Or else if your university is not recognized by AICTE then your PGDM Course is not eligible for going as a lecture or Faculty.So in that case you will have to go for the another option.As you have completed your B.Tech in Computer science ,you will need to attend for the State common entrance examination or else the National wide common entrance examination.

You may better to go for the G.A.T.E(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering),is a national wide exam.There is a very good value for this course.Qualifying this examination is generally is tough and so you must put great effort to qualify the exam.With the GATE score you need to do your Masters degree(M.Tech) in the various disciplines available in the mainstream computer science.

So that your masters degree will be valued,with the qualification that you gain may join and work as a Lecturer/Faculty in any college.To join any college as a lecturer the basic educational qualification is just Masters degree minimum.So based on the experience you gain you may even attain various posts such as Assistant Professor,Associate Professor or Professor and more.
20th May 2020, 09:45 AM
Unregistered

I have done my pgdm in marketing and now i registered for netcet for management subject .. my pgdm is approved by aicte but i guess not listed in AIU so am i eligible for netcet please revery me back ... and give solution if not thankyou waiting for your valuable reply
16th September 2021, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

Hello Sir/ Madam,

I have completed my PGDM from Development Management Institute , Patna, Bihar , am I eligible for NET exam ?
24th September 2021, 08:59 PM
Wasma sanober

Yes it is possible to start career as faculty after PGDM.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?