21st December 2009, 12:37 PM
shellym

Will 7 year gap in education and in experience hinder my job seeking? will MS degree help me start my career?

I have done my Masters in 2002 but did not start my career at that time.Now I want to start my career so I have decided to do MS in IT online.Will 7 yr gap in education and inexperience hinder in my job seeking?will MS degree help me start my career?Kindly advice me.

Thanks
Shelly

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get a job in MNC’s after having 3 years gap in Education?
  2. What should be the reason given to interviewer for a year gap in academics?
  3. What career should I opt for my better future prospect? I have completed my MCA and having 2 years of working experience as a trainee software engineer. And later I had 4 years of gap
  4. Can I get job in IBM having 5 years experience in Mahindra Satyam but 3 years gap after B.Tech?
  5. Am I eligible to get a job after having conflicting year of experience and studies? How to answer the interview question if asked why? -- [New]
  6. What should I tell to the interviewer if asked about gap after B.Tech?
  7. How can I seek my career in education after graduating in political science from JMC, DU?
  8. Will I be eligible for On-Campus Placement with 2 years of gap in studies?
  9. Graduation in 1 year with 2 years of gap after 12th?
  10. How to fill my 3 years gap to get a decent job?
  11. Will I be eligible for a job in a good company after having 7 years of gap in education
  12. Can I get job without domain experience? What answer should I give for 2 years gap?
  13. How can I get job in TCS after experiencing in any small IT Firm being a B.Tech(IT) candidate?
  14. How to study Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care course? Benefits of this course in seeking a good job?
  15. Which exam I should write to do MS in abroad?
  16. List of Companies(preferably I.T) which considers more than 2 years gap in education for job?
  17. Which is a better course to do after B.Tech? Should I do Marine? Universities in India offering the course?
  18. Am I eligible to get the government job if I have year gap in my studies?
5th January 2010, 08:33 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will 7 year gap in education and in experience hinder my job seeking? will MS degree help me start my career?

yes there will be some initial problem for as your age is on higher side and no job experiance
5th January 2010, 06:26 PM
ryan
Senior Member+

Default Re: Will 7 year gap in education and in experience hinder my job seeking? will MS degree help me start my career?

no it must not hamper your career specially when you do MS degree and then seek job,because almost all the companies conducts written exams and interview so you do MS and prepare for the exams,crack them and you are in,that's it
5th January 2010, 07:54 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

A 7 years gap in studies will hinder your further educations.

However,its depends upon your own ability,that you can fill the gap or not.If you really want to study good and make a good career,then dont think about it,you have to face some difficulties at the starting,but dont worry eventually you will be able to succeed.

MS is a good plan,as this type of degree in very rare found in Indians it will help you in hiding your educational gap to some extend.MS is a well reputed proffestional degree,it will also help you in further specializations.

Best of luck
5th January 2010, 08:13 PM
sreemanthrarupini

7 years gap may affect your career. you can do your higher studies as this will fetch better job opportunities
5th January 2010, 09:24 PM
rohit kumar singh

sir,
where there is will there is way...pls start ur career....7 years gap may affect ur carrer but can not affect ur self confidence...so go for it...
6th January 2010, 12:15 AM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

well frankly speaking it may hinder your job seeking....but at the same time...its not that you will not get a job as masters degree will never go waste.....its good that you are going for MS in IT it will make some chances for you in IT sector.....
now it is you who will have to convince the HR interviewer about the 7 yrs gap you took and what you did in those years......if he could understand you , then its all good for you......

best of luck
6th January 2010, 02:58 PM
kusum singal

yes this year gap can create problem for you.i just want to suggest you to do job and join distance learning course.i hope this will help you.best of luck
6th January 2010, 09:36 PM
Senior Member+++

7year gap is too longer and it will have no effect you do further studies
8th January 2010, 09:03 PM
Abhilash Bachulinge

hi friend
7 years gap is a very long gap
it would have affected your studies
6th February 2010, 11:19 PM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

passing with the difficulty,struggling with the prom is a real meaning of life.
so donot get frustrated.
start your carrier from right now,and i am sure you must get success.
7th February 2010, 04:03 PM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

ya surely you will find a difference when you do MS .. dont waste in thinking get into it soon and shine
29th March 2010, 11:40 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

hi friend,
really it is very bad that you have taken the 7 years gap after your graduation.
and it must be create the problems for your carrier,
but do not disappoint you can start from the right now,
o k
good luck
29th March 2010, 11:42 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

hi friend,
really it is very bad that you have taken the 7 years gap after your graduation.
and it must be create the problems for your carrier,
but do not disappoint you can start from the right now,
o k
good luck
13th September 2010, 07:25 PM
syedirshadameen

Post Re: Will 7 year gap in education and in experience hinder my job seeking? will MS degree help me start my career?

It will create some problem you should continue with your job dont start studies it is my advice after your intrest
20th October 2010, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

hi allll.... i ave worked in the software industry for 3 years...then I decided to go back to my core engineering stream (Mechanical Engineering) and now am persuiing my M.Tech in Mechanical Engg. But due to financial troubles i need to rethink & want to go back to softwares after M.Tech. as such this 2 yrs won't add any value t my IT exp. as such, will i face any difficulties in getting job in IT sector????? plz help...
5th December 2010, 10:27 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Well a 7 years gap may effect your job seeking plans.It even depends upon your ability to turn out things in your way.

If you just go for a interview then their first question will be

"What have you done these 7 years?"

The MS degree may help you but if you have an appropriate answer for the above question then its well and good.Having another certificate in your hand will surely help you.

all the best
19th January 2011, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

hey i had a gap of one year in my acadmies what should i do
17th May 2011, 02:48 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir
I have 7yrs gap after completing my 12th , i have done my engineering graduation in 2010 . i tried so much for a job but dint find till date and my financial condition are not so good. what should i do please suggest me, day by day i am feeling depress . plese give me the suitable suggestion how i can start my job carrier.

Regards
Abhimanyu singh
12th- 1999
B.Tech.- 2006-10
29th June 2011, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

after 11 years of my b.sc(comp) completed in 2000 now i wanted to start my career in it with .net can i get a job in corporate office in it sector
12th July 2011, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

i did finish my PGDCA in 2001 and after i cant continue my studies, then during 2008-2010 i have completed my M.Sc computer science. the 7 year gap will affect my IT carrier?
25th August 2011, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Will 7 year gap in education and in experience hinder my job seeking? will MS degree help me start my career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
after 11 years of my b.sc(comp) completed in 2000 now i wanted to start my career in it with .net can i get a job in corporate office in it sector
instead of searching job do some bussiness
25th August 2011, 10:35 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
Yes 7 year gap will create a problem , but if you do MS it will solve that problem.
16th October 2011, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

sir itake 3 year gape after 12th than completed my bba than any problem in my job or not.
16th December 2011, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

i am b.sc. maths graduate year 2000. then after i completed the course of CIC from ignou and joined MCA from ignou. but because of some reasons i couldnt complete mca thoroughly. now what should i do to get good job? i wanna join some IT software programming course. please suggest me the best solution for my best career.
9th July 2012, 01:38 AM
dprashantd

7 year gap in BE..(2001to2012) now does get a job as software test engineer in it companies............?
now am i fresher?is there job for fresher?
5th September 2012, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Hii,
I finished my btech in 2005 with second class aftter that i joined in mtech software engineering and discontinued it after that i got married and did not work. But now due to financial problems i want to go for job..can anyone please help. its urgent..
16th November 2012, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

will hide 4 year non-continous educationl gap in interview ?

neeraj
8th April 2014, 03:31 AM
Unregistered

sir i am MCA student.I have 7 years gap between completion of the whole study. I am very frustrated with that prob. Can i get job in IT.
18th July 2014, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

i have 6 year gap between 12th and graduation, is it ok in marketing job. 12th in 2005. B.A.in 2014.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?