27th October 2014, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

Post graduation courses for which I am eligible?

Hey,
i am doing BSc Applied Physical Science(Computer Science) from Delhi University, and will be completing it in 2011. I have maths, physics and computers as main subjects in all the three years of my graduation. I scored 85% in 10th,765 in 12th,72% in my 1st yr and 68% in 2nd year. I have keen interest in computers and am good with mathematics.
Please guide me the post graduation courses in which I am eligible.

Sonia Sharma

6th November 2014, 02:23 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Post graduation courses for which I am eligible?

You have a good percentage in your academic year and that is a good signature to know how good you are at studies. After completing B.Sc and you have subjects like Mathematics, Physics and Computers, you can do Post Graduation in any of these three areas.

All you need to have is minimum 55% in your degree and you have it. So, you are eligible for Post Graduation. You can do Master of Computer Applications (MCA) which includes all these three areas and is regarded as the Masters in Computer Science.

To do MCA, you need to appear for AIMCET (All India MCA Common Entrance Test) and based on the rank, you can get in to best colleges all over India.

List of Colleges in India Offering MCA:

JNTU
OU
Nagarjuna University
Andhra University
Anna University
Delhi University and more
11th September 2015, 01:22 PM
Sam James

Thumbs up Re: Post graduation courses for which I am eligible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey,
i am doing BSc Applied Physical Science(Computer Science) from Delhi University, and will be completing it in 2011. I have maths, physics and computers as main subjects in all the three years of my graduation. I scored 85% in 10th,765 in 12th,72% in my 1st yr and 68% in 2nd year. I have keen interest in computers and am good with mathematics.
Please guide me the post graduation courses in which I am eligible.

Sonia Sharma
The best post graduation course you can enroll to is MSc. Computer Science or MCA.

Both of them have their own pros and cons.

MCA is a professional course and has high market value in Job market.

You could find many vacancies for MCA candidates than MSc.

But the year of study for MCA will take about 3 years, while MSc is 2 years.

MSc gives more importance to the theoretical part of the subjectt, whereas MCA focus more on the actual or practical aspect.

MCA is having greater fee stru4cture than MSc.

Choose based on your passion and taste
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?