1st November 2014, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply for M.Tech being a B.Tech 4th year student?

Hi sir.,
i am sivakamasundari.N
Now am doing my B.TECH 4th year.,
i want to do M.TECH .,
pls tell me sir how to apply application for M.TECH course.,
Thank you sir

4th November 2014, 10:18 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for M.Tech being a B.Tech 4th year student?

It is good to see that you are aspiring for higher studies like M.Tech. This will definitely boost our nation since the more number of higher educated professionals in a country, the better developed is the nation. First of all, complete your b.tech with good grades. Since you are in fourth year of engineering, so start preparing for the GATE. It is through this exam, you can get admission in the IITs, NITs and various other government and private colleges for M.Tech course. The better you score in GATE, the better college you can opt for. Apart from that you can appear for M.Tech entrance exams in various private universities like KIIT, VIT, SRM and opt for M.Tech course.
6th November 2014, 03:09 PM
Devdatta Divekar

Default Re: How can I apply for M.Tech being a B.Tech 4th year student?

To get admission for Mtech, you need to appear for GATE examination as many institutes provide admissions on the basis of GATE scores.
11th September 2015, 12:17 PM
Sam James

Thumbs up Re: How can I apply for M.Tech being a B.Tech 4th year student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi sir.,
i am sivakamasundari.N
Now am doing my B.TECH 4th year.,
i want to do M.TECH .,
pls tell me sir how to apply application for M.TECH course.,
Thank you sir

For admission to MTech course the basic requirement is to qualify GATE examination.

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

Also you should have at least 60%+ mark in your BTech.

Many specializations are available nowadays. So choose the stream that follows your passion.

Also the MTech is usually regarded as a preliminary course for teaching sector, which is a wrong notion. You may take up core related jobs in MNCs by doing MTech.

Care should be taken to secure high GATE score so as to get admission in premiere institutions.

Also the MTech course is specified as 2 year course but it may elongate to 3 years based on the completion of your project work and thesis paper submission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?