27th December 2013, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Syllabus of Post graduation in International Relations?

I want to pursue my post graduation in international relations from jwahar lal nehru university.
But i dont know about the syllabus? if anyone can help me?

6th January 2014, 08:36 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Syllabus of Post graduation in International Relations?

SCHOOL OF INTERNATIONAL STUDIES :-

(a)M.Phil./Ph.D. Programme (for all Centres)

Knowledge of International Affairs/Area Studies/ Disciplines (Law, Economics, Political Science with interest in one or more of the following areas in which facilities are available in the school

International Politics; International Organisation; Diplomacy and Disarmament, Political Geography; International Legal Studies; International Trade & Development; South Asian Studies; South East Asian & South West Pacific Studies; Central Asian Studies; Chinese Studies; Japanese Studies; Korean Studies; West Asian Studies; African Studies; United States Studies; Latin American Studies; Canadian Studies, European Studies and Russian & Central Asian Studies.

The written test is intended to evaluate the competence of candidates in International Relations, History, Political Science, Economics, International Law and the field/area in which they are seeking admission, and their capacity for analysis and expression.

For International Legal Studies, a background of International Law is essential.

For International Trade and Development the written test would consist of questions on the courses’ in standard MA Economics programme, specifically (1) Micro Economics, (2) Macro Economics , (3) Mathematical Economics, (4) International Trade, (5) Economic Development,(6) Statistics and Econometrics, and related disciplines such as environmental economics, banking and finance etc. A knowledge of calculus is essential.

(b) M.A. in Politics (with specialization in International Relations)

The written test is intended to evaluate the knowledge of candidates in Political Science, History and Economics and their general awareness of world affairs. The test is based on essay-type questions.

(c) M.A. in Economics (with specialization in World Economy)

The written test is intended to evaluate the knowledge of the candidates in micro-economics, macro-economics, mathematics and statistics, International trade and some related disciplines, such as public economics and economic development. The question paper will contain multiple choice questions with negative marks for wrong answers (total marks:100) and grading will be computerized.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?