24th October 2016, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

What is the criteria for getting OBC non-creamy layer benefit?

I got appointed directly as Assistant Professor in a State Govt Arts and Science college (Govt College affiliated under Madras University) in Tamil Nadu State at the age of 51 years (Fifty One Years) in 2009 (before that I have worked in a private college). My pay Code: 15600-39100-PB3-GP:6000. My husband is unemployed. We belong to OBC. As a earning mother & only only earning person in my family, can my children get the benefit of OBC (Non Creamy layer) candidate in admissions. My son wants to apply for GATE 2017. Sir, I am very confused about the eligibility criteria of OBC non-creamy layer category. Please kindly reply and help me. I shall be highly grateful.

25th October 2016, 11:47 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the criteria for getting OBC non-creamy layer benefit?

Since you work in the payband of 15600-39100-PB3-GP:6000, your gross annual income would be between 6 and 7 lacs which is enough to maintain a family of 4.

The non creamy layer reservation is to uplift those who do not have enough resources and are backward due to ill economic conditions.

The criteria for the non creamy layer reservation is that the annual income of the family should not be more than 4 lacs per annum but you have almost double of that.

So, your children cannot get the reservation.
26th October 2016, 09:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If your caste feature in the central and state government list for OBC category, then you will be eligible for reservation provided you come under non creamy layer.
For non cream layer certificate, your total family income should be below 6 lakhs per annum. You can get the certificate from nearby tehsil of your area with the help of id proof.
14th May 2018, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

I have joined bank in clerical post in 1993. Now I am scale II officer. Whether my children will get obc reservation benefit.?
5th August 2018, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

I am Assistant prof in private college with pay scale 15600-37100 and presently my salary is 10,00,0000/- per annum. Wll I get the Non creamy layer certificate for my children education purpose as the status of the non government college teacher status is not not defined.
26th August 2018, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

I am working as a second grade teacher in andrapradesh govt school. My grass above 6 lakhs. My caste is mentioned in both state and central BC welfare list. Is my daughter eligible to get obc non creamy layer certificate?
28th August 2018, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

Sir, my father retired few months back and for applying govt jobs they are asking non creamy layer certificate, how can I proceed. I am eligible for getting non creamy layer certificate.
20th February 2019, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

My father joined as an assistant professor.currently his income is approx 10 lakh per annum. Am i eligible for obc non creamy layer certificate
1st August 2021, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

Whether children of private Medical College professor with an income of 10 lakhs per year, are eligible for obc noncreamy layer?
21st August 2021, 06:20 PM
Available here
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidates must have Indian Citizenship

Candidates must have Permanent Resident of their respective State.

Candidates OBC Certificate must be issued to any of the paternal blood relative.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?