31st December 2015, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between OBC Backward caste non creamy layer and creamy layer?

What is the difference between OBC Backward caste non creamy layer and creamy layer? I just wanted to understand the difference exactly as I need to apply for the exams and I am not sure which one to select. Awaiting for the answer.

Thanks!

31st December 2015, 07:12 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between OBC Backward caste non creamy layer and creamy layer?

Here is basic difference between creamy and non creamy layer of OBC category:

>>As per the latest government rules and regulations of Central government, candidates who belong to OBC category and whose family income is less than 6 lac per annum is considered to be under Non Creamy layer of OBC.

>>Non creamy layer candidates are eligible for benefits of reservation in entrance exams.

>>Candidates whose family income is more than 6 lac per annum is Creamy layer OBC candidate they do not get benefits of OBC reservation. Depending upon above criteria, you can mention your category in competitive exam.
31st December 2015, 07:44 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the difference between OBC Backward caste non creamy layer and creamy layer?

The difference between Creamy and Non Creamy layer is on the basis of annual income family. The OBC Creamy layer does not get any benefit as they are considered equally as General category, they are financially strong whereas OBC non Creamy layer gets benefit under many government examination and they are considered to be financially weak.

So, OBC Creamy layer do not come under reserved category whereas OBC Non creamy layer still considered to be reserved category like SC/ST etc.
31st December 2015, 07:53 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

OBC NC stands for Other Backward Caste Non Creamy Layer. Those candidate who belongs to OBC and their family income is less than 6 lacs is considered to under this category. This category candidates get relaxation benefits of reservation in vacancy and promotion as per Article 16 of India constitution in matters of Public Employment.

Candidates who father's income is more than 6 lacs per annum is under Creamy layer. They do not get reservation relaxation benefits.
31st December 2015, 11:04 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

OBC stands for Other Backward Class.

OBC is divided into two categories :-
1)OBC creamy layer
2)OBC Non-Creamy Layer

These are used to divide OBC in two categories which are eligible for getting the government benefits(relaxations) in terms of jobs, educations and others.

It depends on the annual income of the one's family i.e, if one's family total annual income is approximately 6 lac or above then he/she would be considered under OBC creamy layer and he/she won't be eligible for getting the government benefits(relaxations) in terms of jobs, educations and others.

Earlier this limit was 4.5 lac, which was revised and increased to 6 lac in May 2013.
31st December 2015, 11:10 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The separation of creamy layer and non creamy layer is based on income level of parents of a candidate.

Candidates whose parents income is below six lacs per annum comes under Non creamy layer and enjoy reservation benefits.

Candidates whose parents income is above six lacs per annum comes under Creamy layer. They do not get any reservation benefits.
31st December 2015, 11:27 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

OBC Creamy layer does not get any benefit. Now these creamy layer are not comes under reserved category any more. They are also treated equal to the General category. The difference between Creamy layer and Non creamy layer is on the basis of Annual income of family. If the annual income of the family is more than 4.5 lacs per annum, than the candidate is considered to be under creamy layer and don't get any benefit of reservation. But in the other hand if the annual income of the family is less than 4.5 lacs per annum, than that person comes under non creamy layer and get some benefits in Fee and jobs on the basis of reserved category.
19th March 2016, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

When i was in service that time my salary was more than 6 lakhs but Ihave no job and income is nil since nov 2015, can i take this fanefit since January 2016. Kindly sugest me appreciate
direction.
Regards
21st March 2017, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

My income is more than six lakh from current year and in last three years income is less than six lakh. Can I eligible for non creamy layer certificate. If no, which category mention for admission of my son in engineering stream OBC or GEN? Please guide me.
25th August 2017, 08:21 AM
Unregistered

For obtaining income certificate income to be calculated on gross income or net income i.e. take-home salary after deduction. Kindly clarify.
12th November 2017, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

I belong to andhara pradesh state obc ,which is listed in central government list ,i wanted to get certificate from Gujarat,how to get certificate of non-creamy layer certificate.
20th November 2018, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

I have residential/native certificate of Odisha state because I am residing last 15 years. My home state is Bihar, while filling neet application form, can I mention permanent address of bihar and correspondence address of Odisha state?
22nd November 2018, 10:41 PM
Sadia77

In the OBC Creamy Layer, if the family annual income is more than Rs. 8 lacs (As Per New GR) , the father / parent of the candidate is employed in any Government Sector in the rank higher than Class 3, then he comes to the creamy layer.

And on the contrary, whose parents' income is less than Lakhs and they are working on less than class 3, then they will come in OBC Non Creamy Layer.
31st December 2018, 03:48 PM
praveenyoutuber

OBC Creamy layer does not get any benefit. They do not come under reserved category anymore. They are treated equally to General category candidate. The difference between Creamy and Non-creamy layer is on the basis of Annual income of Family.

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?