5th May 2016, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility for M.Tech from IIT?

If there is a gap of like 1 to 2 years, b/w passing 12th & entering into B.tech, does it cause any trouble for being eligible for M.Tech in IIT? Can someone please provide me the details on the same? I need to understand this to apply for the course.

5th May 2016, 07:00 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for M.Tech from IIT?

Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech in IIT's:

No, it does not create any problem after having a gap between 12th and B.Tech course. If you have successfully meet the below eligibility criteria, then I am sure you will be eligible for getting admission of M.Tech in Indian Institute of Technologies.

>> You must have completed Bachelor's Degree (B.E/ B.Tech) from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks and minimum 55% marks for SC/ ST Candidates.

>> You must have a valid GATE score in order to pursue M.Tech from IIT's.

>> B.Tech candidates from IITs with CGPA or CPI of 8.0 or above are exempted from consideration of GATE Score.

>> If you have all the criteria which has been mentioned above, then you are eligible to pursue M.Tech in an IIT.
5th May 2016, 07:15 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

There will be no problem if you have one or two yeas academic gap between your studies. For admission in Indian Institute of Technology in Master of Technology course, a candidate must score well in Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering.

For GATE exam, a candidate must have done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university. Final year candidates of B.Tech can apply for GATE exam. If you manage to score better marks and remain in top 500, you will be eligible for PSU jobs.
5th May 2016, 10:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If there is a gap of like 1 to 2 years, b/w passing 12th & entering into B.tech, does it cause any trouble for being eligible for M.Tech in IIT? Can someone please provide me the details on the same? I need to understand this to apply for the course.
After completion of b.Tech degree, you can apply for GATE exam. If you have got good percentage marks in the GATE exam then, you will get admission in IIT's.

Year gap doesn't effect on your M.Tech course.
5th May 2016, 11:04 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

M.Tech stands for Master of Technology. To do M.Tech, you appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and perform well in this exam.

Eligibility for GATE exam for M.Tech.

Bachelor of Technology from any recognized university. Master of science,computer application and mathematics candidates can also apply for exam.

Academic gap will not cause any trouble in admission in M.Tech from IIT.
6th May 2016, 12:11 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech through IIT:

Those candidates who aspiring to pursue the M.Tech course must have a B.Tech/B.E in concerned specialization with 60% of marks from a recognized university. It is mandatory for candidates to have appeared and qualify the GATE exam with good marks.

Please ,Click Here for detailed eligibility criteria.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mtechbrochure201512March.pdf(992.0 KB, 6 views)
6th May 2016, 12:50 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, there will be no trouble of getting the admission in IIT due to gap ueae in academic session.

So, as you have passed B.Tech you are eligible to get admission in IIT. The eligibility to get admission in course is candidate must appear and qualify in GATE examination conducted by IIT or IISc every year.

So, you only to qualify in examination with better score to get admission in IIT of your choice.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?