31st May 2014, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Where will I get job after M.Sc Oceanography? How to get into research work through NET/SET?

Respctd sir/mam
i would like to know that i hv completed my bsc in zoology and doing msc p1 course in oceanography 4m Mumbai university where i will get job and how i wil get research work and where and wht u wl say abt netset exam

10th June 2014, 12:13 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Where will I get job after M.Sc Oceanography? How to get into research work through NET/SET?

Oceanography is a vast field having different sort of opportunities and working fields.
There are numerous jobs available for candidates of this field in India as well as abroad. Jobs are available in industry, commerce and research. Various public and private sector organizations recruit candidates of this field as scientist, technician or engineers. Organizations like Geological Survey of India,Meteorological Survey of India, Department of Oceanography,etc. recruit such candidates. You can get jobs in industrial research departments, environmental protection agencies, navy, educational institutions, marine workshops, safety organizations.

In order to do research, you need to pursue Phd after completion of your MSc. in Oceanography. You can do research under a guide. You can give NET/SET to become lecturer in colleges and universities. You can also work as a research scholar in various universities.
15th September 2017, 11:59 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Where will I get job after M.Sc Oceanography? How to get into research work through NET/SET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respctd sir/mam
i would like to know that i hv completed my bsc in zoology and doing msc p1 course in oceanography 4m Mumbai university where i will get job and how i wil get research work and where and wht u wl say abt netset exam

As you want to do M.SC oceanography, then minimum qualification required to apply for M.SC oceanography course is bachelors degree in Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Agriculture, Microbiology and applied sciences from government recognized institute. Here below are details regarding M.SC Oceanography course:-

>> Duration of post graduation degree in oceanography is 2 years.

:- If you want to go for job after M.SC Oceanography, then you can apply for job in employment areas like Water companies, Energy supply companies, Environmental organizations, Environmental consultancies, Ocean instrument Manufacturing companies and get jobs like as mentioned below:-

Job Options after M.SC Oceanography:-

>> Ocean Freight manager.

>> Production head.

>> Business development manager.

>> Ocean import manager.

>> Maintenance assistant.
4th October 2021, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

I will complete my PG course in MSc Physical Oceanography. How can I get a job /
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?