31st May 2014, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Prospect of M.Sc in Physical Oceanography? Requirements fro this course? List of colleges and syllabus?

I'm pursuing B.Sc(geography hons.) from Calcutta University.I want to pursue M.Sc. in physical oceanography..so..i want some details about this..here it goes:
1)prospects of this course
2)percentage required from B.Sc. & Eligibility criteria for M.Sc in physical Oceanography
3)List of recognized colleges in India which provide this course
4)syllabus of this course

Related Questions:
  1. M.Sc in Oceanography is better or M.Sc in Meteorology?
  2. How to do Msc Physics from BHU? What is the syllabus? List of the colleges for MSc in Haryana, Faridabad, Agra and Mathura?
  3. Where will I get job after M.Sc Oceanography? How to get into research work through NET/SET? -- [New]
  4. Previous year question papers of MSc oceanography and meteorology for CAT CUSAT exam?
  5. Are there any institutes in Odisha for Oceonography
  6. How to enroll for MSc in Marine Microbiology? Fee structure of the course, duration, institutions offering the course?
  7. How to do MSc Physics in Chandigarh fro private colleges? I have passed BSc Maths from Rajasthan
  8. Required books to prepare for IPS exam? Physical requirements for IPS? Which books are to be referred during CID examination? What are the physical requirements for CID?
  9. List of the colleges in Mumbai offering MSc Microbiology
  10. List of the colleges in Mumbai offering MSc Biotechnology? What is the date of issue of application form? Syllabus of the entrance exam?
  11. List of the colleges in Mumbai offer MSc Biotechnology? Details regarding the entrance exam?
  12. Where can I do MSc? List of the colleges?
  13. List of colleges in which I can have in AIEEE counseling after scoring 47 marks in AIEEE? Opening and closing ranks?
  14. What are the physical requirements for merchant navy?
  15. List of government colleges for admission in MSc Computer Science in Tamilnadu?
  16. How to get application for Sub-inspector's post? Physical requirements and syllabus for the same? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Which institutes offer M.Tech in Environmental Science or other environment related fields like sustainable development? What is the admission procedure?
  18. What shall I do after completion of B.Sc in Physics?
9th June 2014, 01:52 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Prospect of M.Sc in Physical Oceanography? Requirements fro this course? List of colleges and syllabus?

Oceanography is a vast field having different sort of opportunities and working fields.

1. Prospects of Msc in Oceanography :-
There are numerous jobs available for candidates of this field in India as well as abroad. Jobs are available in industry, commerce and research. Various public and private sector organizations recruit candidates of this field as scientist, technician or engineers. Organizations like Geological Survey of India,Meteorological Survey of India, Department of Oceanography,etc. recruit such candidates. You can get jobs in industrial research departments, environmental protection agencies, navy, educational institutions, marine workshops, safety organizations.

2. Eligibility Criteria
You need to qualify in the entrance exam to get admission in the top institutes. For other institutes, you can get admission through your BSc marks. Usually for top institutes, 60% or above is required in graduation.

3.Colleges
-Anna University
-Annamalai University
-Goa University
-Mangalore University
-Cochin University of Science and technology
-National Institute of Oceanography

4. Syllabus
For syllabus, click here.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?