31st July 2015, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for on campus placement if I have a pending subject backlog?

i have a subject backlog in 3rd sems.and i am thinking of clearing it in my 7th sems. Will i be eligible for on campus placement which normally starts in 7th sems? Am I eligible for on campus placement if I have a pending subject backlog? Can someone please provide me the answer for the same?

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Will I be eligible to apply for campus placements if I have 1 back paper while am in 3rd year?
  2. Will there be relaxation in TCS placement aggregate cutoff for the upcoming campus placements?
  3. Am I eligible for attending campus placement when I have one backlog in 6th semester?
  4. Am I eligible for syntel campus placement with 65% in B.Tech and with backlog in 7th semester?
  5. Am I eligible for campus placement with 58% in 12th?
  6. Am i eligible for TCS, CAPGEMINI, Wipro, IBM companies after scoring 63% in B.Tech -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I get a job in IIT companies like WIPRO, Infosys after completing BCA with 75%
  8. Infosys last 10 years question papers?
  9. Can I attend for oracle campus placement twice simultaneously?
  10. Will I be eligible for campus placements if I have cleared 12th with one backlog?
  11. A student which has one year gap in degree along with one current backlog is eligible for Syntel campus placement?
  12. Am I eligible for TCS campus placement with 72% in 10th and 76% in 12th and doing 3rd year B.E CSE?
  13. Will I be eligible for Infosys campus placement if I had 1 history of arrears?
  14. Will one get placed while having 1 backlog during the time of placement?
  15. Am I eligible for TCS off campus placement after having 1 backlog in 3rd year with an aggregate of 69%? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Will I get placed in HCL company after scoring 58% in 10th and 75% in intermediate
  17. Will there be a problem in campus placement if I had backlog during my 1st year of B.E studies?
  18. Am I eligible to attend campus placement with 56.8% in 12th?

31st July 2015, 07:47 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for on campus placement if I have a pending subject backlog?

Yes of course, you are absolutely eligible to apply for campus placement after clearing your backlog. There is no doubt on that. Without clearing your backlogs, you cannot apply for campus placement. The basic academic qualification to apply for campus placement is that the candidate should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. You must have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate throughout their career. No active backlogs are allowed while appearing for campus placements.

31st July 2015, 12:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for on campus placement if I have a pending subject backlog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have a subject backlog in 3rd sems.and i am thinking of clearing it in my 7th sems. Will i be eligible for on campus placement which normally starts in 7th sems? Am I eligible for on campus placement if I have a pending subject backlog? Can someone please provide me the answer for the same?

Thank you!
If you have pending backlog then you are not eligible for placement.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for placement companies is,

Placement companies= 60%

Candidates having pending backlog are not eligible for placement companies recruitment.

Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for placement companies recruitment.

31st July 2015, 01:47 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for on campus placement if you have pending subject backlog.

To be eligible in on campus placement candidate must have all subjects clear. He/she must not have pending backlogs.

But some companies allowed you appear in interview process if your placement officer allowed it so. But you have to clear all your backlogs at the time of placement.

31st July 2015, 06:19 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thank you!
No, you won't be eligible for appearing for the campus placement if you have backlog at the time of campus placement. The thing about placements is that there are companies which accepts 1-2 backlogs at the time of campus recruitment but there are many which does not accept. Many well established IT companies expects it's candidates to have cleared all the papers even if they had backlogs before but not at the time of placement.

Those candidates are eligible for applying and the other thing to be noted is that candidate appearing should have at least a minimum of 60% throughout the academics which includes 10th, 12th and degree.

The candidate who satisfies all these criteria is eligible for applying for the campus placement.

31st July 2015, 08:39 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not allowed to sit in the interview with any backlog in your course.

So my suggestion to you is that you should take coaching on that subject and try to crack your backlog as soon as possible.

Most of the companies demands 55% in your graduation.

Also your degree must be affiliated from a recognized institute or university.

For clearing interview you must have following qualities :-

=> Good communication

=> Good personality

=> Confidence

=> Technical and general knowledge.

31st July 2015, 11:09 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

I am extremely sorry to state that you will not be eligible to appear in the recruitment drives of most of the companies if you have a pending backlog which means an active backlog. Most of the companies do not allow active backlogs. However, some companies allow backlogs so you can sit for their recruitment drives. It is better if you clear your backlog before 7th semester.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?