30th July 2015, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

What are the jobs for civil engineering other than field? What are the exams need to be written to get private sector as well as government jobs?

i m a B.Tech student in Civil. i don't want to do any studies further. i want to do a job after my graduation. For what exams should i have to prepare so that i can get a job (government or private jobs that doesn't include any field work) immediately after my graduation ? and what all skills should i learn to succeed in those exams ?

31st July 2015, 10:56 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the jobs for civil engineering other than field? What are the exams need to be written to get private sector as well as government jobs?

You need to be well versed with your domain knowledge. This is because your domain knowledge will be rigorously tested in recruitment drives of both government and private sector companies. You should prepare for GATE. This is because this preparation will allow you to know your domain well and will also help in your future. Through GATE you can not only get employment opportunities in PSUs but also the preparation will help in the recruitment drives of various other PSUs, government organizations and private sector companies which conduct business in the core domain. You should have good communication skills for getting a job in a good company. You should appear in the off-campus recruitment drives of various private companies and in the written test of various government companies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?