14th June 2015, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

Will there be relaxation in TCS placement aggregate cutoff for the upcoming campus placements?

Hi, I'm doing my BTech in CS. I've currently finished my 6th semester and my aggregate till 4th semester is only 59% with 1 backpaper in 5th semester.

I have 85% in my Xth and 78% in my XIIth.

1. Would the marks of subjects other than the 1 failed subject in my 5th semester be taken into account for aggregate?
2. Would there be atleast 1% relaxation from the 60 cutoff that TCS have?
3. Would I be able to sit for TCS placement at my college campus in the 7th semester?

14th June 2015, 09:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will there be relaxation in TCS placement aggregate cutoff for the upcoming campus placements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I'm doing my BTech in CS. I've currently finished my 6th semester and my aggregate till 4th semester is only 59% with 1 backpaper in 5th semester.

I have 85% in my Xth and 78% in my XIIth.

1. Would the marks of subjects other than the 1 failed subject in my 5th semester be taken into account for aggregate?
2. Would there be atleast 1% relaxation from the 60 cutoff that TCS have?
3. Would I be able to sit for TCS placement at my college campus in the 7th semester?
If you have pending backlog then you are not eligible for TCS recruitment. No, you would not able to get relaxation in marks. No, you are not eligible for placement for TCS recruitment in 7th semester.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for TCS is 60%.

You should not have any pending backlog.

Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for TCS recruitment.
15th June 2015, 01:34 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will there be relaxation in TCS placement aggregate cutoff for the upcoming campus placements?

The marks of all the subjects in your B.Tech course will be taken into account during the TCS placement drive. Since you have more than 60 percent in your tenth and 12th so you are eligible from 10th and 12th point of view. However, to be eligible for the drive you must have at least 60 percentage in your B.Tech course.

Relaxation of 5% is given by TCS if it comes for on-campus Day-1 recruitment drive. However, this may not hold true for every college. If you have at least 60 percentage in your B.Tech till 6th semester with no backlogs you can sit for the TCS placement drive.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?