25th June 2017, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

Is B.Ed compulsory to teach commerce students of 10+2 and 10+1?

I have a degree of master of commerce and I want to teach the students of 10+2. Is it mandatory for commerce degree holder to take the degree of B.Ed for teaching the classes 10+2 and 10+1?

26th June 2017, 12:15 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Ed compulsory to teach commerce students of 10+2 and 10+1?

Yes, B.Ed is mandatory to teach students of 11th and 12th standard. You have completed master's degree, so you are eligible to pursue B.Ed. You can opt for subjects in B.Ed according to your stream. After qualifying B.Ed you can apply for commerce teacher's position in private schools and if you are interested to teach in government schools, then you have to appear for CTET/STET examination.

Hence, earning a bachelor's degree in education (B.ED) is necessary to become a high school teacher.
26th June 2017, 12:19 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, B.Ed is mandatory to teach students of 11th and 12th standard. You have completed master's degree, so you are eligible to pursue B.Ed. You can opt for subjects in B.Ed according to your stream. After qualifying B.Ed you can apply for commerce teacher's position in private schools and if you are interested to teach in government schools, then you have to appear for CTET/STET examination.

Hence, earning a bachelor's degree in education (B.ED) is necessary to become a high school teacher.
28th June 2017, 07:08 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a degree of master of commerce and I want to teach the students of 10+2. Is it mandatory for commerce degree holder to take the degree of B.Ed for teaching the classes 10+2 and 10+1?
Yes, B.Ed is compulsory for teaching field in government school.

If you have completed bachelor degree from a recognized University then you are eligible for teaching field in government school. You must have a valid B.Ed score.

Only Indian citizenship candidate are eligible for this exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 40 years.
3rd July 2017, 05:44 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Yes it is compulsory to do B.Ed for teaching the students of class 11th and 12th. In government schools as well as in private schools they want B.Ed qualified teachers for teaching. Only for teaching in primary section you do not need to do b.ed.
Every private school has different criteria for the selection of teachers . Most of the good and top private schools wants those teachers who are b.ed qualified. In government schools it is compulsory to do b.ed for teaching.
You have a master degree in commerce so, you can apply in private schools . It may be be possible for you to get job because some school selects teacher which have masters degree in particular field. But you its difficult to get job in good and in top private school for teaching class 11th and 12th students without b.ed.
4th July 2017, 10:03 PM
EngineerSolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, to teach PUC students in government level you need to clear the state level SET (State Eligibility Test). For colleges it is NET. Even with out SET you can apply for teaching jobs in private colleges.
12th February 2019, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is B.Ed compulsory to teach commerce students of 10 2 and 10 1?

I am a postgraduate in commerce, I am teaching in an Indian school as a commerce PGT in UAE but I have not done B.ed I teach Accountancy and Business in grade 11 and 12 for more than two years
I am confused about my career in teaching without B.ed
Please suggest me
what to do ???
30th January 2022, 10:22 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is B.Ed compulsory to teach commerce students of 10 2 and 10 1?

I have qualified SET exam but I need to know that whether B.ed is compulsory to teach in commerce 1 and 2 stream?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?