7th May 2017, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

Can ECE students get a job easily in core MNC companeis?

As I am ECE student now I am in 2nd sem.. If I continue with a ECE only. Can I get a job in software companies also.. I am seeing that all the campus selection is going to b selected only CSE students only.. so I am really getting tensed..do I am really get a job or not? Most of my relatives also told me that there is not so much of opportunities for Ec students.. so please give me a solution for this my question..and so many friends also telling me to change the branch for Cs...so I am really confused on which branch I have to move.. so pls help me..and I have to get a job after completing my B.E because greeting a job is very very needed and necessary to me.

9th May 2017, 09:35 PM
EngineerSolution

Default Re: Can ECE students get a job easily in core MNC companeis?

ECE core jobs are few comparing to computer science. But with the development of embedded systems and robotics there are higher job prospects.

IT companies are reducing the number of recruits from other branches. But still companies are selecting people with required skills. Even in ECE course a student encounters programming in various forms. So getting a job in Computer software sector is not an impossible thing.

Since the MOOC is introduced for free in EdX and other platforms anyone can learn as much as they want and the desired topic they want.

Irrespective of being in ECE you can join short term computer courses to enhance your coding skills.

If you plan to get into ECE core jobs the best solution is to clear GATE exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?