2nd March 2015, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I get job in Google India or Facebook if secured 58% in 10th being B.Tech(CSE) 3rd year student of IIT?

Hello friends,
Can I placed in Google India or Facebook?
I am doing B.Tech CSE from IIT.
This is my 3rd year and But I have got only
58% in my 10th.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to appear in IIT-JAM(MCA) for BCA(IGNOU) 3rd year student who have secured 58% in 12th and 56% in 10th? Do I have to face interview in IIT-JAM? Syllabus and books for preparation of IIT-JAM(MCA)?
  2. Am I eligible to get Job in Infosys being a candidate having secured 70% in 10th, 56% in 12th and an aggregate of 70% upto 3rd semester of B.Tech?
  3. How to get a job in IT company? I am a B.Tech final year student and have secured 59% marks in 10th
  4. Can I get any Job having secured 90% in 10th, 57.38% in 12th and an aggregate of 60% upto 3rd year of B.Tech?
  5. Can I get Job through on Campus or Off-Campus being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of Engineering with an aggregate of 64% in BE and secured 90% in 10th and 66% in 12th?
  6. Information about placement in Google and Facebook?
  7. Main difference between BSc IT and Computer Engineering? Which field has more scope?
  8. Procedure to apply for Internship in Google for B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student?
  9. Criteria for placement in Google for freshers?
  10. How can I get job in Yahoo, Facebook and Google? Procedure to apply for job?
  11. Eligibility to get job in IBM and Microsoft India for a B.Tech final year student who has secured 88% in 10th and 63% in 12th?
  12. Can I get a job in IT companies after doing B.E CSE with 75%
  13. Eligibility to get job in Infosys with mentioned percentages for B.E. 3rd semester student?
  14. List of companies I can apply for training? I'm in B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year and secured 75% aggregate
  15. Can I get admission in IIM-A or IIM-B if secured 99 percentile in CAT?
  16. If I do M.Tech in IT from IIT Bombay can I get a job in Google, Morgan Stanley or Infosys?
  17. Am I eligible for Campus Placement of Infosys having secured 64% in 10th, 66% in 12th and 68% in B.Tech up to 3rd year of B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How to get government job after passing 10th with 60% marks
4th March 2015, 09:27 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get job in Google India or Facebook if secured 58% in 10th being B.Tech(CSE) 3rd year student of IIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friends,
58% in my 10th.
As per marks criteria, you are not eligible for Google India and Facebook recruitment.

Google India and Facebook are reputed multinational company.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for Google India and Facebook are,

Google India and Facebook=70%

More than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for Google India and Facebook recruitment.

Pattern for Google India and Facebook written test:-

1. Quantitative /analytical reasoning (20 questions)
2. Verbal ability (20 questions)
3. Technical section (10questions)
4th March 2015, 10:54 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I get job in Google India or Facebook if secured 58% in 10th being B.Tech(CSE) 3rd year student of IIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friends,
58% in my 10th.
Google India and Facebook are companies which hire a lot of students from IIT's but they have certain criteria and students who fit that criteria are allowed to appear for the written test.
Generally both the companies set a criteria that all the students appearing for the written test should have a career throughout percentage of 60%.
So you will have to have a 60% in your 10th and 12th Boards and you must also have a 6+ CGPA in your B.Tech till your last semester.
Sometimes they lower this criteria to 55% but it is rare.
So it is very tough for you to appear for the written test.
Your chances of getting placed in the Campus Placements is very low if the criteria is set at a career 60% overall for all the students.

These companies also hold Off Campus Placement Drives for students and IIT students are allowed to appear for the written test in those placement drives and in those placement drives the criteria is generally 55% overall career.
So,you will be able to appear for the written in that Placement Drive and if you prepare for the test and make sure that you have good Domain Knowledge then there is every chance for you to get placed in either of Google India or Facebook.
Work on your soft skills as well and also try to speak in fluent English.
Both Facebook and Google India wants all of its employees to speak in fluent English as both the companies have foreign clients and the jobs of its employees require them to speak fluent English so that they can communicate easily with the foreign clients.
If you work hard then you will have every chance of getting a job offer from these companies during their Off Campus Placement Drives.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?