23rd March 2015, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I get promotion if join Wipro being an employee of TCS from last 2 years?

Hello,
I am working in TCS from last 2 years.
I haven't got any promotion there.
So, now I want to move from TCS.
I want to know that if I join Wipro then
I have any chance of promotion?

29th March 2015, 10:04 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get promotion if join Wipro being an employee of TCS from last 2 years?

No, you cannot get promotion in Wipro directly if you switch from TCS to Wipro. However, there will definitely be a salary hike which varies from company to company and as per the job role. Usually the hike is around 15-25%. For promotion in Wipro, you need to do service for few months till the next appraisal time arrives. Then they will evaluate your individual performance, contribution to company's growth and then decide about your promotion and salary hike. So, there is chance of promotion only on very good performance and that too for certain number of months till next appraisal arrives, you cannot get directly promotion on switching from TCS to Wipro.
2nd April 2015, 01:34 PM
kartheek chejarla

Default Re: Can I get promotion if join Wipro being an employee of TCS from last 2 years?

Hi,

Your working in TCS from last 2 years on wards. I think your designation is Associate software engineer. If you can move to wipro company then they will promote to Software engineer based on your performance and experience.

Basically If you want to move from TCS there is 2 advantages. one is change the designation and second one is to hike the salary.

So based on these things you can take right decision.
15th April 2015, 10:28 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Smile Re: Can I get promotion if join Wipro being an employee of TCS from last 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am working in TCS from last 2 years.
I haven't got any promotion there.
So, now I want to move from TCS.
I want to know that if I join Wipro then
I have any chance of promotion?

Yes, you have the chanace of Promotion in the WIPRO, since in TCS also there is a promotion criteria. But, if you are not promoted from last 2 year, then you can Quit TCS and Join the WIPRO, you will surely get promotion on the progress of work you does.
29th March 2016, 02:18 PM
work@home

With two year experience you could possibly apply for the next company. And all the promotion will be based on the knowledge you have in as many technologies, updates and based in the performance of your interview. Interview will be tight technical and will measure you from every scale. So if you can make the interview a success, you could surely get a promotion and salary hike much easier.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?