11th October 2017, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I join merchant navy after 12th commerce?

Sir, I want to Indian merchant Navy with my 10 basis because I belong to poor family. My father is not working and in my 12th class, I don't know that PCM is must for joining it. I have taken commerce with computer. So, can I do it on my 10 class basis?

12th October 2017, 12:22 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I join merchant navy after 12th commerce?

Sorry to say that it is quite not possible to join Merchant Navy after completion of 12th standard in commerce discipline.
Candidates who have completed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from any recognized board are eligible for Merchant Navy.
Candidates must be unmarried citizen of India and their age be in between 16.5 years to 21 years.
12th October 2017, 12:37 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for Merchant Navy after 12th with commerce stream:-
Educational qualification:-

The candidate should have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Maths from a recognised board.

You have other options like:-

National Defence Academy

India Railways

Bank Clerk.
12th October 2017, 01:08 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, commerce student cannot join Merchant Navy. To join Merchant Navy, one must have passed 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics.

Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy courses:

The unmarried male candidate are eligible.

Candidate must have passed 12th with physics, chemistry, mathematics are eligible for Merchant Navy course.

Age requirement is not more than 20 years.
12th October 2017, 01:52 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I want to Indian merchant Navy with my 10 basis because I belong to poor family. My father is not working and in my 12th class, I don't know that PCM is must for joining it. I have taken commerce with computer. So, can I do it on my 10 class basis?

Sorry, it is not possible to join merchant navy courses after completion of 12th commerce. Eligibility to join merchant navy is a pass in 10+2 with PCM subjects with a minimum of 50% marks. There are courses like BE/BTech in Marine Engineering, BSc Nautical Science, Diploma in Marine Engineering etc. available in the merchant navy field. Therefore, it is not possible to study Marine Engineering course after completion of 12th Commerce. You can study BCom or BBA or BA or CA or CS courses after completion of 12th commerce.
12th October 2017, 02:02 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to join Merchant Navy:

Aspirants must have completed 12th standard with PCM from a recognised board.

Age limit should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

There are various courses which you can join to get through the course of Merchant Navy but being a Commerce student you are not eligible for this course.
12th October 2017, 06:22 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to join Merchant Navy after completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream:

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of 12th Class with Commerce stream.

Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to join Merchant Navy.

>> You must have studies 12th Class with "Mathematics" as one of the main subjects in order to be eligible.

>> As you are done with Commerce and Computer Science subjects without Mathematics subject, you may not be eligible.

>> No, you cannot join Merchant Navy on the basis of 10th Class.
13th October 2017, 02:24 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, you can't join in Merchant Navy.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with PCM from a recognized board are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?