20th June 2017, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian merchant Navy after completing 12th with commerce?

Am I eligible to join Indian merchant Navy after completing 12th with commerce? What is the minimum criteria required? Can you please give me the complete details on the same? Awaiting to get the response on this. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completing class 12th with Commerce stream? How can I join the Merchant Navy?
  2. Should I join Merchant Navy after passing commerce with 75% in 12th boards? What is the scope for commerce students in Merchant Navy?
  3. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  4. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  5. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  6. Eligibility to join Indian Navy for 12th Commerce student?
  7. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  8. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  9. How to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th with commerce?
  10. Can a Commerce stream student join Merchant Navy? How can I join Merchant Navy?
  11. How can I join Merchant Navy with commerce stream? I have passed 12th HSc exam
  12. How can I join Merchant Navy after completing 12th in commerce?
  13. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How to join Indian Navy after completing senior secondary class in commerce?
  15. How can I join the Indian Navy Accounts section after completing class 12th with Commerce stream?
  16. How i can join indian navy or merchant navy with commerce stream?
  17. Am I eligible to join the Merchant Navy course after passing 12th with 60% marks in commerce stream with Maths?
  18. How to join in Merchant Navy after completing 12th?
20th June 2017, 05:54 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian merchant Navy after completing 12th with commerce?

No, you are not eligible to join merchant navy. For recruitment in Merchant Navy the minimum required qualification is candidate must have passed 12th with PCM as main paper.

So, you cannot appear for examination after 12th with commerce stream.
21st June 2017, 12:35 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian merchant Navy after completing 12th with commerce?

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to join Indian merchant Navy after completing 12th with commerce. The required eligibility criteria to join Indian merchant Navy are given below.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

=> Candidate must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board.

=> Candidate must be Physically as well as Mentally fit.

=> Also candidate should be Unmarried Male.

NOTE: The selection of candidate will be done on the basis of Written exam, Interview and Medical test.
21st June 2017, 11:04 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't join eligible to join Indian merchant Navy after completing 12th with Commerce.

The eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy are as under:-

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 class or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board.

-The age limit to apply is 16 years to 25 years.

-Only unmarried male and female candidate can apply for Merchant Navy.

selection criteria :

*Physical Test

* Medical Test

*Personality Interview.
22nd June 2017, 08:42 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join merchant navy. To join merchant navy the minimum required qualification is that candidate must have passed 12th or pursuing from a recognised board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper.

The candidates after qualifying in examination will have to go through a proper training before final recruitment.
22nd June 2017, 10:42 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, but you cannot pursue Merchant Navy course after completing 10+2 with Commerce stream.

Candidates who have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are only eligible to apply for Merchant Navy course.

Then only, they can pursue courses like:
  • B.E or B.Tech in Marine Engineering,
  • B.Sc Nautical Science
  • B.E Harbor and Ocean Engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?