28th December 2014, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

How can I prepare for IBM Interview? Technical skills required for joining?

Hello
I am a B.TECH 2nd yr student,, I want to be placed in IBM
What are all the things I have to concentrate to make my
Career a best one??
What are the technical qualities required for this.
PLease guide me??
every helpful information would be apprecited.
Thank you in advance.

29th December 2014, 07:56 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: How can I prepare for IBM Interview? Technical skills required for joining?

GETTING PLACED IN IBM:

It's really good that you have already set a target of getting into IBM for work right in your 2nd year of B.Tech. It's the best time to start your preparation for the placement rounds as well which are as follows,

-> Written aptitude test.

-> Technical interview.

-> HR interview.

Start your aptitude preparation right from now by referring to some good books like R.S.Agarwal. Just go through each topics given in the book and prepare for it whenever you get time other than your subjects.

Once you clear the aptitude test you will be called in for the technical interview where questions will be asked based on the core subjects which you studied from your 2nd year so make sure that you learn all the core subjects well and if you are good at communication skills then you can easily clear the HR round as well. Make sure you work on that topic as well.

IBM works in so many domains and it's not possible to know in which department you will be put in. As common make sure that you are doing your Programming subjects well which will be the base for any software company. Learn Java, C, C++, .Net well which would be one of your core subjects in 3rd or 4th year.

Just put your hard work for next 2 years then for sure you would see yourself placed in IBM in no time.
29th December 2014, 09:07 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IBM Interview? Technical skills required for joining?

It is nice to see that you are serious from the second year itself to achieve your goal of being placed in IBM. Here are few tips to help you.

- First aim at good grades in your B.Tech course since questions from your B.Tech domain is common.
- Make sure you undertake summer training after second and third year in the IT domain and your B.Tech domain if both are different.
- Try for internship after your third year, it is more beneficial than training after third year.
- Practice aptitude, keep in touch with the info of latest technologies and practice verbal ability questions online.
- Practice Group Discussions with friends, get enriched with programming skills.
- Lastly have confidence in yourself, do not be nervous, participate in extra curricular activities and enjoy your college life.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?