11th December 2015, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Is knowledge of C and C++ enough for CTS off-campus selection?

Hello Sir/Madam,

I am Chetali Kumari and i live in Jamshedpur. I have done my B.Tech degree in ECE. I want to switch on to software. Right now, i am preparing from home for CTS drive. I am working on C and C++ only and i have idea about - data structure, operating system and software engineering. Is it enough to be selected in interview?

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.

THANK YOU

CHETALI KUMARI
E-MAIL ID:- [email protected]

11th December 2015, 06:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is knowledge of C and C++ enough for CTS off-campus selection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Madam,

I am Chetali Kumari and i live in Jamshedpur. I have done my B.Tech degree in ECE. I want to switch on to software. Right now, i am preparing from home for CTS drive. I am working on C and C++ only and i have idea about - data structure, operating system and software engineering. Is it enough to be selected in interview?

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.

THANK YOU

CHETALI KUMARI
E-MAIL ID:- [email protected]
You can focused on only two subject C and Data structure. You have good idea on basic section like definition, Algorithm. If you have good programming knowledge then it is your advantage.

In C section, you can focused on sorting with complexity.

In data structure section, you can focused on stacks, Link list, Graph and Tree.
12th December 2015, 11:38 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is knowledge of C and C++ enough for CTS off-campus selection?

Yes, knowledge in C and C++ is enough to crack CTS recruitment drive. Since you are not from CS/IT background, so there is no compulsion that you should know data structure, software engineering. However, programming is essential and since you have proficiency in two programming languages which includes an object oriented programming language, so it is enough. However, you should have knowledge of your domain, training/internship and good communication skill.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?