10th December 2013, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

Which company is better Wipro or TCS in terms of Job security, Onsite opportunity, Hike and Growth?

Hi All,

I have 3.4 years of exp. Please let me know which will be better Wipro or TCS?
Got the offer for around 6.2 LPA from both the comp. Please let me know various factors: Job security, Onsite opportunity, Hike and Growth.

Regards,
Chinna

17th December 2013, 03:06 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Lightbulb Re: Which company is better Wipro or TCS in terms of Job security, Onsite opportunity, Hike and Growth?

First of all, I would like to congratulate you for getting two job offers, one from TCS and the other from Wipro, the two IT giants of our country. TCS is the largest software company in Asia while Wipro is not far, by taking the third place in the list. Both offers diversified software services and gives services to various sectors like banking,financial,etc.

We would like to recommend you to join TCS. This is because :-

→ TCS has a better employee base than Wipro.

→ TCS is one of the well reputed names in the world IT market and hence have a huge client network.

→ TCS was the company to give the highest revenues for the past year which signifies its profit margin.

→ There are various facilities offered from the TATA group for the employees under TATA.

→ TCS is least affected by recession since its client base includes various continents spreading from the Americas to Europe and Australia.

→ From the job security point of view, TCS gives better security since it does not sack employees even when the branch is facing tough situations due to lack of projects. If such circumstances arise, then your salary will be reduced to a certain extent rather than sacking you from job completely.

→ Since the hike in salary is directly proportional to the company’s profit margin, so generally TCS gives better hikes than Wipro.

→ Since you are being recruited for a good position, so you can expect adequate growth in your career even though there will be tough competitors who will be restricting your growth. But if you are efficient you definitely have great future in TCS.

→ Working conditions are equally good in both companies. However, the workload in TCS is comparatively lesser than Wipro as the task is divided among greater number of employees in TCS than Wipro.
2nd September 2014, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which company is better Wipro or TCS in terms of Job security, Onsite opportunity, Hike and Growth?

Sir I am an under graduate(Bsc) and i got offer letters from both TCS and Wipro. wipro offers me MS degree whereas TCS allows us to study in correspondence i.e MCA from Sastra which company is better for me to work
3rd September 2015, 04:20 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which company is better Wipro or TCS in terms of Job security, Onsite opportunity, Hike and Growth?

Hi Sir
I got selected for both Wipro and Infosys BPO.
I have got my joining date of Infosys.
I still not get my Joining date in Wipro but I got appointment letter from wipro.I think they ll send the date of joining in the end of sept 2015.
Job Post In WIPRO is Project Engineer whereas in Infosys I selected for data process..
I am not getting what to do now.
Is going for Project engineer in Wipro is better then Infosys??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?