10th December 2013, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

TCS vs Ericsson India Global IT Services

I have recently got an offer from Ericsson and am confused shall I leave TCS where I have been working for last 11 months?
Please help, which one is better from job security, growth and learning point of view.

19th December 2013, 03:00 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: TCS vs Ericsson India Global IT Services

It will be a definite "Yes" from my side. Ericsson is a product based company while TCS is service based, now how does it matter? Things are always good with product based companies and especially when we talk about hikes and career growth it will be more in product based companies than compared with service based companies.

As you job description is about IT Global services, it is sure that you will have more challenging work in Ericsson when compared with TCS where the customers are from Ericsson product itself, where in TCS will be of outsourced one.

You already got 11 months of work experience in TCS IT Global services and it seems to be a right time for the jump when you already have the offer in hand. Just take the next step of moving into Ericsson and for sure you won't be regretting the decision.

If you feel that it's not working out then maybe 1-2 years down the line you can apply for any company with solid 3 years experience. It ofcourse matters about the job location and other things. So, take a decision which will suite you the best and always know this opportunity like getting job in Ericsson comes very rare and it will be good if you can use it 100%
17th June 2015, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: TCS vs Ericsson India Global IT Services

TCS vs Ericsson India Global IT Services

I have recently got an offer from Ericsson and TCS. Now I confuse where to join because salary different is 5 LPA including bonus. Better salary is from Ericsson but location is not good. At TCS everything is ok but salary is poor than Ericsson.
Please help, which one is better from job security, growth and learning point of view.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?