27th September 2011, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

When will the off campus will start in companies like TCS, Accenture, Sony Ericssion, Nokia etc.?

Hey I am a residence of Mumbai and I want to know when the companies like TCS, Accenture, Sony Ericsson, Nokia and other telecom's is going to start there off-campus in Mumbai....My email id is [email protected] for early response..Thanks

29th February 2016, 12:26 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: When will the off campus will start in companies like TCS, Accenture, Sony Ericssion, Nokia etc.?

Mumbai is a state of prosperity and opportunities are seldom rare there. However, you seem to be lacking a bit of knowledge when it comes to the talked companies conducting off-campus recruitment drives. Since you have mentioned a few of the IT Companies, I assume that you are from Engineering background are are not already placed on your college campus. This is a probable reason for you to look outside of that and check out the companies that conduct off-campus recruitment.

The job market is pretty low these days and the probability of getting placed easily is not very high. There was a time when TCS used to conduct both on and off campus interviews, but the fact that the global slow-down is hitting every industry and sector, the market has to suffer a bit. In view of the same, the off campus recruitment isn't very frequent these days.

Moreover, all the companies that you have mentioned such as TCS, Accenture, Nokia and Sony Erricson, do not recruit randomly but rather employ and agency in between. The two majorly known employability tests that are highly recommended for people looking off campus recruitment are:

1. AMCAT - Conducted by the aspiring minds, this one is the largest contributor to students getting off campus jobs. Its basically a competitive examination that has to be taken for getting a common score. That score in turn is used to shortlist candidates for further job interviews and placements.

Top companies such as Cognizant, Accenture and other recruit candidates from this from time to time. It not the toughest of all exams and is pretty decent to crack. There is no minimum or maximum score however, one must try to score the best he/she can. You can check our more information here.

2. eLitmus - This one again is a similar exam that is recommended for same reasons. The toughness level of this one is slightly on the higher side and has equally good companies coming and accepting the scores of this exam. Please click here to get more information on this.

Thus, apart from this to gain more knowledge about the off campus drives happening in Mumbai and nearby places, I would recommend taking subscriptions to facebook groups and linkedin groups. This would definitely help you become aware of the events happening and you may decide to take part accordingly.

I would urge you to try and get placed on campus (if you still not passed out), since the off campus drives are even more competitive and may not always spell success. It is also difficult to suggest when would these companies conduct off campus drives since they are all multi-nationals and only recruit as per business needs. Please try to do the above and you shall be well off.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?