17th April 2015, 10:38 AM
Unregistered

Is there any chance of companies finding out the backlogs if I try to hide it during campus placement?

HI,

I am in my 4th year(7th sem) of B.TECH(CSE). I have a standing backlog in 6th semester.

Campus placements are just around the corner, i am thinking of hiding the above mentioned situation from the companies as i am pretty sure i will be able to clear it(backlog) before joining.

My question is, what are the chances of the company(that i will be joining) to find out about the backlog and would it even matter then, assuming i would have no standing backlogs by then ?

18th April 2015, 03:00 PM
aide006

Arrow Re: Is there any chance of companies finding out the backlogs if I try to hide it during campus placement?

If it is a pre placement offer then no need to tell them that you have a standing backlog assuming that you will clear it before your last sem and before joining the company. But if they insist like "candidates with standing backlogs are not allowed to attend interview". Then don't take risk. They may cross check, if you get caught it leaves a bad remark.

Most companies won't mind backlogs in Engineering, it is pretty common to have backlogs in B.Tech. What matters is attitude and confidence. However, I'm not encouraging backlogs. Having nil backlogs is definitely a reward in itself to the candidate's resume. If you have also, no need to worry is what I mean.

Prepare well for Interviews and don't take delicate topics in Interview like backlog related. The Interview will be generally adaptive based i.e., on your answers the preceding questions will arise. Be smart while answering questions so that you don't fall prey because of your own answers.
17th September 2019, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is there any chance of companies finding out the backlogs if I try to hide it during campus placement?

I have one backlog in 6th sem can i apply in wipro for campus
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?