3rd March 2018, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

What kind of work is offered in Investment Banking post of Cognizant Technology Solutions?

Sir, I am a B.Com graduate of last year. Cognizant Technology Solutions is scheduling off campus interview for B.Com graduate for Investment Banking post. As I know CTS is IT company then what is work of Investment Banking?

Related Questions:
  1. What kind of work is offered in Programmer Analyst Trainee post of Cognizant Technology Solutions? -- [New]
  2. Eligibility to become a Software Engineer in Cognizant Technology Solutions for B.Tech(ECE) final year student?
  3. When the recruitment in Cognizant Technology Solutions will be announced for MCA postgraduate? Procedure to apply?
  4. What kind of job is offered in Cognizant BPS? Salary for this post?
  5. Campus recruitment Aptitude papers for Cognizant Technology Solutions?
  6. Job description for B.Tech candidate in Cognizant Technology Solutions? Chances of selection through On-Campus Drive?
  7. Is there any growth in Cognizant Technology Solutions for Mechanical Engineer?
  8. Question pattern of Cognizant Technology Solutions Off-Campus Aptitude Test?
  9. Am I eligible to join Cognizant Technology Solutions if achieved 2nd Division in 12th standard?
  10. When Cognizant Technology Solutions will take off-campus drive for B.E.(IT) last year passout in Guwahati?
  11. Cognizant Technology Solution campus placement papers of previous year?
  12. How many rounds are there in Cognizant Technology Solutions Off-Campus Interview?
  13. Job vacancy for BCA holder in Cognizant Technology Solutions? Where to approach for job?
  14. Can I do CFA if I have backlogs in my B.Tech. ? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Typing Test is there in Cognizant Technology Solutions BPS Off-Campus Interview?
  16. Recent placement papers of Cognizant Technology?
  17. Can I get job in Cognizant Technology Solutions with mentioned percentage in overall academics?
  18. Packages for fresher BCA and B.Sc candidate in Cognizant Technology Solutions?
8th April 2023, 06:30 AM
UmangSharmaMumbai

Default Re: What kind of work is offered in Investment Banking post of Cognizant Technology Solutions?

Investment Banking is a field that involves providing financial services and advice to corporations, governments, and other organizations.
Investment Banking services may include:

• Helping companies raise capital by issuing stocks, bonds, or other securities
  • Advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, and other strategic transactions
  • Providing financial analysis and valuation services
  • Offering risk management and hedging solutions
  • Supporting clients in managing their investment portfolios
  • Providing research and insights into financial markets and trends
While Cognizant Technology Solutions is primarily an IT company, they may offer Investment Banking services to their clients. As a B.Com graduate, you may be hired for a role in Investment Banking, where you would be responsible for supporting the Investment Banking team in providing financial services and advice to clients.
8th April 2023, 06:13 PM
SurajPSingh

Default Re: What kind of work is offered in Investment Banking post of Cognizant Technology Solutions?

• Cognizant Technology Solutions is an IT services company, so they would not actually hire for direct investment banking roles. The job title is likely misleading or vague.
  • The responsibilities of an "Investment Banking" position at CTS would most likely involve supporting investment banking clients through consulting, technology solutions, or administrative/finance functions - not the core banking work itself.
  • The specific roles could be business analyst, management consultant, IT consultant, software engineer, data scientist, finance associate, accountant, auditor, etc. The common element is providing IT and business support to investment banking firms.
  • The work would include tasks like advising on technology strategies, developing solutions to improve processes, providing engineering/data analysis services, conducting accounting/auditing, and generally enabling the operations and goals of investment banking companies as an external service provider.
  • Actual banking activities like managing investments, facilitating M&As, handling IPOs, etc. are unlikely for a role at CTS labeled as "Investment Banking". They would hire for those types of positions from within the investment banking industry itself.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?