19th January 2014, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

Cross major candidate can do PhD? Is there any difficulty to get PhD due to academic break?

Dear sir,

I have a year gap after completed my 10th, 2 , B.Sc(physics) respectively. I completed M.Sc(IT) in regular with 71% (2008 passed out). Can i have any possibilities to do PHD?. Is there any difficulty to get PHD due to my academic break?. Cross major can do PHD?

18th September 2016, 07:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Cross major candidate can do PhD? Is there any difficulty to get PhD due to academic break?

If you have got valid reason for that gap, then it won't create any problems while getting admission. Also, most of the reputed universities give admission on merit through entrance exam and interview.

You have got M.Sc IT with 71% marks which is surely eligible for Ph.D in same field. Just make sure you clear exams like NET/SET/GATE or any other entrance exam with good marks.
19th January 2019, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Cross major candidate can do PhD? Is there any difficulty to get PhD due to academic break?

I have completed my UG(maths) , PG(MCA), MPhil (computer science), PhD ( computer science) and cleared NET exam... Since I pursued different majors at UG and PG level ,... Am I eligible for assistant professor job in government colleges or else I have to apply for BCA (part time) to meet the eligibility criteria? Please clarify...
18th July 2019, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my BA ENGLISH AND PURSUING MA PSYCHOLOGY can i do phd with cross major
15th November 2019, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

I have completed PG in regular stream and another in cross major. Both competing for a job. Who has to be given priority ? Assume the another performed better in the interview.
23rd August 2020, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

I have completed BA English and pursuing MBA operations management can I do PhD with cross major
18th February 2021, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

i'm doing my UG in biochemistry i pursue to do PG in some other major.can i do phd with cross major?
4th April 2021, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

Who can tell the advice to me, Sir, I'm M.selvakumar, i complited my M. A degree in tamil nadu open university. But i already complite 10, 12, b. Sc physics in regular mode..i want study ph.d in part time mode. cross major distance mode degree is eligible for phd?.. can you tell,
?
9th September 2021, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

i completed my UG in chemistry i pursue to do PG in some other major.can i do phd with cross major?
25th September 2021, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

I had done my BA in Christian studies from Madras University through distance education since 2009 I left for Australia to pursue my studies in theology I came back to India 2016, now recently I have done my MA in English, will it be possible for me to do a PhD in English? Kindly assist
19th June 2022, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

I have don UG in History and PG in Economics. Can I do PhD?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?