5th June 2015, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

What types of jobs are available after M.Sc Physics?

i am appearing to msc. in physics please give me some advice what i do after finishing my post graduation and what type are jobs i can apply ? any information about private sector jobs

6th June 2015, 06:34 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What types of jobs are available after M.Sc Physics?

Physics is one of the most demanding subject at present in modern world. It has an evergreen and never-ending demand from ages and will be there till the end of this world. The world is facing a shortage of efficient research scholars in this field. So,there are huge opportunities for physics candidates especially the post graduates.

-The best opportunity for physics MSc candidates is doing research in Scientific Research and Development Organizations such as Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Nuclear Science Centre New Delhi, Physical Research Laboratory Ahmedabad, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics Kolkata and Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).

-You can find jobs of various posts under the central and state government through Indian Civil Services, Union Public Service Commission, Staff selection commission, Indian Forest Services, Banks, State PCS,Indian Defense services etc.

-Material engineering firms, Power generation,Archaeology bodies, Medicine manufacturing companies, MRI machinery manufacturers also recruit graduates and post graduates in the field of physics.

-You can also go for teaching and lecturing profession in various schools,colleges and universities.

-You can also find employment opportunities in insurance,marketing and railways sector.Post offices, LIC, public sector organizations also recruit candidates in the field of physics.
11th June 2015, 07:40 PM
MECHANICAL REACTION

Default Re: What types of jobs are available after M.Sc Physics?

M.Sc physics has a lot of scope in the current market.

You have following opportunities after completing M.Sc Physics.

Government Career after M.Sc in Physics :

1. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)

2. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)

3. National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)

Also you can plan for your career in abroad in National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?