25th March 2020, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Age limit to join National Defence Service for 10th Meghalaya Board student?

Sir, I want to join NDA, I would like to know the age limit for joining National Defence Service. I am preparing for my Board exam. I am studying in 10th standard with Meghalaya Board. So, it will be very grateful to know about the age limit.

30th March 2020, 05:14 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Age limit to join National Defence Service for 10th Meghalaya Board student?

Age limit to join NDA is 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
There is no upper age relaxation to reserved category students.
31st March 2020, 01:00 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Age limit to join National Defence Service for 10th Meghalaya Board student?

NDA is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year.

The eligiblility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in std 12th from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible.

So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination on the basis of 10th qualification.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st March 2020, 02:20 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for NDA (National Defence Academy) examination are as below :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years by the commencement date of your NDA course.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognised board. In case of joining Airforce or Navy wings of NDA, you must have opted for Mathematics and Physics for your Class 12th academics.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

As evident from above mentioned eligibility criteria, the age criteria for joining NDA is 16.5 years to 19.5 years and it remains the same for all candidates from different board of education.

For complete details regarding NDA examination, you can visit the website www.upsc.gov.in.
1st April 2020, 07:39 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

10th standard students are not eligible to join National Defense Academy because minimum educational qualification required to appear in this entrance test is 12th with PCM subject from a recognised board.

Age limit - 16.5 - 19.5 years.
No age relaxation in upper age limit is given to reserved category students.

Official website-
https://www.nda.nic.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?