27th October 2016, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for B.Com Hons, if didn't studied maths in 12th?

I am in 11th standard and not opted for maths in my commerce stream. Instead of maths I have entrepreneurship. Please tell me whether I would able to do B.Com Hons?

27th October 2016, 07:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for B.Com Hons, if didn't studied maths in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 11th standard and not opted for maths in my commerce stream. Instead of maths I have entrepreneurship. Please tell me whether I would able to do B.Com Hons?
If you have completed 12th standard with commerce subject from a recognized board then you are eligible for B.Com course.

Mathematics is not compulsory for B.Com course.

Your age should be above 16 years
27th October 2016, 10:21 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

B.Com. (Hons) or Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) is an undergraduate commerce (accounts) course. For this course candidate must have passed 12th class from a recognized board. The minimum percentage required in 12th class for Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) course is 45%. As per my knowledge, you are eligible for Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) course after 12th without mathematics subject.
28th October 2016, 02:16 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

There is a difference among the universities regarding the eligibility criteria for BCom (Hons.).

Some of them say that the candidate seeking the admission in BCom (Hons.) should have maths in the 12th as a subject.

While on the other hand some say that a candidate should have passed 12th from any stream to get the admission.

You just have to search for the universities according to your eligibility and get the admission.
23rd November 2017, 10:13 AM
Unregistered

In the year 2016, I could not pass 2 (10 2) final examination of CBSE Board Science Stream my subject were English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Physical education and Mathematics, got failed in physics and math.
I got a chance to seat for examination again in the same year and choosed physics, bad luck again got failed in this subject.
However again in 2017, I gave exam as a private candidate for the same subject and same board this time I got pass.
Now my overall mark sheet shows pass in 5 subject including physical education aggregating more than 60% in total and 6th subject math shows only 10 marks out of 100.
I got admission in a college at kolkata under Calcutta Univercity in Sept,2017 as a B.Com student on the strength of the above marks. Now suddenly I got a call yesterday from college that my admission has been rejected by Calcutta Univercity citing poor marks in math.
I am in a catch 22 situation now and could not understand what to do now.
Please suggest what should I do save my year and proper education.
Thanking you with regards.
R. Pratee
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?