14th August 2015, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a Pilot if pursuing 11th Commerce?

Sir,
I want to be a Pilot but I am studying Commerce in my 11th standard. I just want to know that I can become a Pilot or not? Waiting for your response.

15th August 2015, 03:53 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Pilot if pursuing 11th Commerce?

It is not possible for to become pilot. you would have been eligible only if you had studied science subjects in 12th standard. It is also compulsory to study maths during 12th standard.

Being a commerce background you are eligible for course like B.Com, BBA, LLB if you have studied maths in 12th standard.

Science background can become Pilot through NDA and CDS exam.
15th August 2015, 06:09 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

Eligibility Criteria :-
* Completion of 12th with above 50% .
* The subjects must be maths , physics and chemistry .
* Maintaining health fitness and good eye sight.
* Training from the best institution . it is the plus point for everyone . the cost may be around 15 to 20 lakhs for getting license .
As you are a student of commerce . you have to know whether you are eligible or not by at the above status .
15th August 2015, 07:02 PM
YourAnsIsReady

Smile Re: Can I become a Pilot if pursuing 11th Commerce?

Passing 10+2 in science stream is an important criteria, but its not too late,u can switch your commerce stream to science. Or flight institute can enrol u in NIOS program, so u can study 10+2 in science. then u will be eligible to persue CPL(commercial Pilot Licence). Airline cadet pilot program will save your lots of money, so join it. U can persue CPL from abroad too (easier way) so start loving physics and maths. And Fly
15th August 2015, 07:18 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I want to be a Pilot but I am studying Commerce in my 11th standard. I just want to know that I can become a Pilot or not? Waiting for your response.
Sorry to say that Commerce streams students are not eligible to apply for Pilot. Only science stream students are eligible to apply for become a Pilot. It is mandatory the student must studied Mathematics subject at 12th standard level. Being a Commerce stream student you are eligible for Pilot. However, you can apply for Bachelor Degree or Professional courses after completing 12th standard. You can apply for the Courses such as, B.Com, BBA, LLB. You are eligible for BCA if you have studied Maths in 12th standard. CA, CS, ICWA are some of the other options.
16th August 2015, 12:37 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Career in pilot is very exiciting and also a high paid job.
Pilots are trained professionals who can fly various aeroplane and helicopters.
They are in great demand and also a popular course among youngsters.
A highly skilled persons are required as a pilot as they not only controls the flights physically but they should have the ability to take right decision in complex situations.

Eligibility for training as a pilot in India are
-Student must be of age above 17 years.
-Student must have passed 10+2 examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics from a recognized board.

So, you are not eligible to apply for pilot training as you are a student of commerce stream .
To become a pilot, only students of science stream with physics and mathematics are necessary.
17th August 2015, 12:48 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you very much eligible for doing Commercial Pilot Training course being a Commerce student. Below is mentioned the eligibility criteria for it, please do have a look at it.

Eligibility Criteria:

1. The minimum age of the candidate should not be less than 19 years

2. The maximum age should not exceed more than 23 years

3. Candidate should have completed his graduation in any Discipline from a recognised University

4. Candidates should have scored a minimum of 60% in their graduation

5. Candidates should have studied Mathematics and Physics as their main subjects in +2 level
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?