1st March 2018, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

Arts or Science what to study in 11th standard to become a Psychiatrist?

Hello, I want to become a Psychiatrist. I am studying in 9th standard of ICSE Board. My sister is taking Arts in 11th and she has Psychology subject. But I have heard that I have to take Science for this. I don’t understand why? So, I want to know which I study Arts or Science?

9th March 2018, 06:27 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Arts or Science what to study in 11th standard to become a Psychiatrist?

To pursue Psychiatrist course the required educational qualification is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper.

So, you have to pursue 12th with science stream to appear for the entrance examination to get admission in Psychiatrist course.
9th March 2018, 11:47 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Arts or Science what to study in 11th standard to become a Psychiatrist?

If you want to purse the Psychiatrist course then the required minimum eligibility is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have passed 12th with PCB as main paper.

So, you have to pursue science ( biology ) to pursue Psychiatrist course in the future.

Candidates from Arts background are not eligible to get admission in the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?