20th March 2018, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in 12th Arts Board exam without completing 11th?

I have good Grades in my 10th standard. I have also selected by Science in 11th standard but for some personal reasons, I didn't complete my 11th. I want to give 12th Board exam at any cost, so I can give 12th Board exams with Arts stream?

31st March 2018, 11:32 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in 12th Arts Board exam without completing 11th?

No, it is not possible to appear in 12th standard Arts stream board examination without completing 11th standard. To be eligible to appear in 12th standard Arts stream board examination, you should have passed 11th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board. So, first you have to appear and qualify the 11th standard board examination to be eligible to appear in 12th standard Arts stream board examination.
31st March 2018, 11:44 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Once you have selected 10+2 with Science stream, it is not possible for you to switch to Arts stream after completion of 1st year.

Either you have to complete your 10+2 in Science stream or else you need to quit the course and should freshly join 10+2 with Arts stream.

If you choose the second option, it would result in 1 year academic career loss.

If this is fine, you can freshly join 10+2 in Arts stream.

If you don't want academic career loss, I would suggest you to continue in Science stream and opt for Arts stream in Graduation.

Yes. You can appear for 2nd year of 10+2 Board Exams though you did not complete 1st year.

You can write 1st year papers along with 2nd year Exams.

But it would be difficult from the preparation perspective as you need to prepare for both 1st year and 2nd year subjects.

Ensure to complete all the subjects by 2nd year itself. Otherwise you need to again appear for those papers in the supplementary Exams.
31st March 2018, 03:30 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

No, it is not possible to take direct admission in 10+2 directly after completion of class 10th. In order to give board examination of 10+2 from any recognized board like NIOS, CBSE, ICSE, etc. candidate must have enrolled for the board examination in a class 11t examination.

You cannot escape 11th and directly give 12t board exams. The registration for board exam is done in the 11th standard itself and in which you have to choose the stream and the subject combination.
31st March 2018, 04:54 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

You can not change your stream while appearing in senior secondary board examination. As you have selected science stream in 11th standard, you must have registered for this stream only.

Students can appear for board exam in stream which he has registered in 11th standard. It means you can not appear in 12th arts stream.
31st March 2018, 04:58 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

This is not possible to pursue direct 12th class without going through the 11th standard. You must have to pass all the subjects in the 11th class for getting admission in the 12th standard.

For your kind information, I want to tell you that 11th and 12th syllabus are interrelated. So you should not refer to in 12th science stream to Arts stream.

As 10th & 12th both classes exams are conducted by the respective board, so it is compulsory to pass the class 11th exam.

You can not appear in 12th arts board exam.
31st March 2018, 05:12 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria to appear for 12th board exam in science stream:

Academic qualification: Candidate should have opted for PCM or PCB subjects in 11th standard and registered for board.

He/She should have passed in all subjects in 11th.

For Arts stream , candidate should have selected arts stream in 11th standard. You cannot appear in 12th arts board exam without completing 11th standard in arts stream.
31st March 2018, 05:18 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot attend 12th board exam without completing 11th class.

The basic eligibility for attending 12th board exam is to complete 11th class. So, first complete your 11th class through private or regular and then attend for the 12th class board exam.
31st March 2018, 05:47 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to appear in board examination. You should contact school for this.
If they will not allow then you can also change board without any problem. And you have many options state board, NIOS Board.
But school will also allow as a private candidate after performing some of the procedures. That is why contact your school.
31st March 2018, 06:50 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can not do so.

Only those students who have opted for Arts stream in 11th standard can appear for board exam of 12th in arts stream.

You should prepare well science stream subjects and practice NCERT questions to score good marks in board exam.
31st March 2018, 07:30 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No candidate can directly appear for 12th board exam without completion of 11th standard. The second important thing for you is that you can not appear for board exam from Arts stream.

Candidate can appear for board exam in the stream which he has selected in 11th standard.

You have selected science, so you can appear for board exam in this stream only.
31st March 2018, 08:54 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

It is not possible to appear for 12th board examination without passing 11th standard. You should first pass 11th standard then only you can become eligible for board exam.

You can appear for exam in science stream only. For arts, you should re take admission in 11th and opt arts stream for board exam.
31st March 2018, 09:04 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for 12th board exam:

1. Clear all papers that is subjects in 11th standard.

2. No backlogs in any subject of 11th standard.

You can appear in stream for which you have registered in 11th standard.

You can not appear in 12th arts stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?