16th April 2018, 02:17 AM
Unregistered

Arts or Commerce, which one to study in 11th standard?

Respected Sir, I have given 10th Board exam and I am interested to study Arts in my 11th standard. But my elder brother is telling me to study Commerce instead of Arts. I would like to know which one I should take in 11th standard?

22nd April 2018, 02:22 PM
sha2nk90

Default Re: Arts or Commerce, which one to study in 11th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have given 10th Board exam and I am interested to study Arts in my 11th standard. But my elder brother is telling me to study Commerce instead of Arts. I would like to know which one I should take in 11th standard?
You should choose subject as per your own choice, because you can better understand about your interest. If your brother wants you to join Commerce, then let him know that you are interested in Arts subjects. Also tell him what you will be able to do in future by taking the Arts Stream and what job options, you are looking at after completing a course in Arts stream.

But as your brother is saying you to join Commerce course, you should ask him to elaborate the opportunities after joining the commerce stream and then you should see whether that lies under your area of interest.

You should compare both the stream by sitting along with your brother and then should decide accordingly. But make sure that you are not compromising with your interest as it will be you, who would be suffering or enjoying in later part of your life, So choose wisely.
24th April 2018, 12:28 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested in Arts stream then according to my opinion kindly pursue the Arts stream.

There are numerous opportunities for candidates from arts stream after 12th.

Don't bother about the scope or future opportunities but try to excel your knowledge along with interest.
26th April 2018, 08:03 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Since, your interest is towards Arts ( Humanities ) stream so in my advice you should opt the same for your Class 11th academics as psychologically it would seem easy for you as compared to any other stream.

Also, I would like to let you know that there is no real worry as far as the scope of Arts stream is available as most of the general job options does not ask for compulsory subjects at any level of academics and so you should go for the Arts stream if its lies to your strength.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?