17th June 2014, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Which is better between Gujarat State Board and CBSE Board?

sir
We are from Gujarat and basically do not plan to move outside Gujarat. Should we opt for CBSE as the board students fare well in the entrance or should we just go for Gujarat Board as we get more share in seats in Government Institutes ?

Related Questions:
  1. Number of seats reserved in Medical for CBSE Board, ICSE Board and Gujarat Board under NEET? Process of percentage calculation in Gujarat state board for NEET?
  2. Is it better to change board from CBSE to State board of Gujarat?
  3. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat
  4. Is it beneficial to change board from CBSE to state board? I've studied up to 5th std in Gujarati medium and shifted to CBSE
  5. Should I change my board from CBSE to Gujarat board?
  6. Can I change board from CBSE to Gujarat Board?
  7. Can I get admission in engineering college at Gujarat if studying 12th from CBSE Board?
  8. Quota in medical seats in Gujarat for state board and CBSE students?
  9. Should I switchover to CBSE board from Gujarat board?
  10. Which board is better between CBSE Board and Andhra Pradesh State Board?
  11. Can I get admission in 11th Gujarat State Board after completing 10th from CBSE Board?
  12. Which one to choose between state board and CBSE board? Do companies give importance to CBSE board students during selections? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Is Shifting from Gujarat board to CBSE board a good option? Will it cause any problem for a 7th year student to adopt?
  14. What is the percentage of allotment of seats between Gujarat Board and CBSE board from Gujarat in Medical and pharmaceutical Gujarat
  15. How may I get procedure regarding change of board from CBSE to Gujarat board?
  16. Reservation quota for CBSE students in Gujarat government engineering college?
  17. Which one is more better CBSE or State board? Which will be beneficial for placement?
  18. Can I get admission in CBSE Board if studying in State Board? -- [New]
19th June 2014, 02:25 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better between Gujarat State Board and CBSE Board?

The advantages and disadvantages of each board are mentioned below. You need to look at the points and then decide with respect to your career objectives. It would have been better if you had mentioned the stream of your study since different streams have different scopes.

CBSE board for 10+2 :-

Advantage - The syllabus of the main core subjects are at par with the syllabus of most of the entrance exams. There is no compulsion of taking second language and english is easy. So better attention can be given to the core subjects.

Disadvantage - If you want to get admission in the normal colleges which take admission on the basis of score in 10+2, then there will be more cutoff for CBSE students and less reservation quota for CBSE students. For other parts of India, CBSE result will be given more preference than Gujarat board. But since you want to study in Gujarat, so there is no need to worry regarding this.

Gujarat State Board :-

Advantage - The reservation quota is higher for the Gujarat board students if they want to take admission in the colleges which take admission on the basis of scores in 10+2 in Gujarat. The cutoff will also be lesser.

Disadvantage - Taking second language is a compulsion. The syllabus of the core subjects differs quite an extent with the entrance exam held all-over India.

So, if entrance exam and then professional courses like B.Tech/B.E/MBBS/etc. is your aim then go for CBSE, else you can stick to Gujarat State Board.
3rd July 2016, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Can we get admission in normal college after studied in CBSE school ?
19th April 2017, 01:27 PM
Juhi192

In this generation where each mother or father wants to give their child the best Knowledge. The scenario of each mother or father for choosing a Boards for their kids' study. These two boards are such complications.

The differences between CBSE and StateBoards are described below infographic. So you can find easily difference.

11th November 2019, 01:21 AM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

It basically depends on which stream you want to take in future so if you want to take medical or engineering than you must go for CBSE board as the syllabus for the exam is same as the board ,so it will be easy for you
But if you plan to study business or arts than you can take any board as it is not necessary to take CBSE
But if you want to study abroad than you should go for CBSE. Board as it will help you in coping with various srudents
13th November 2019, 10:24 AM
EduXpert

If we look at the majority of the schools then CBSE is clearly a better board because most of the schools affiliated to CBSE have better faculty and academic record.

It doesn't mean Gujarat board is bad but the majority of the state board school don't have the quality of teachers. You need to look at the quality if faculty available before taking admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?