26th March 2016, 02:15 AM
Unregistered

Which is better to opt among CBSE and ISC to prepare for SAT?

Hi,
I am planning to give SAT and choose a career in Physics/Chemistry. I have been studying in a ICSE school till now and been securing quite high grades too. I am not taking any coaching, I am totally dependent on self studies so which one should I choose for my Higher Secondary between CBSE or ISC so that I can prepare well for SAT?

28th March 2016, 02:10 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better to opt among CBSE and ISC to prepare for SAT?

If you want to opt for SAT examination, you should better opt for CBSE board as it follows CBSE examination pattern and syllabus. Therefore, it will be easier for you to be able to course well in the examination. However opting for ISC board is not bad, but CBSE is better in this context.
28th March 2016, 08:11 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Both CBSE and ISC are good boards of education and you can perform well after passing their examinations. However, each one of them have their own advantages. But it is recommended you should go for CBSE on account of the following reasons.

- There is no need of second language in CBSE. So you can focus more at the preparation and self study.
- English is easy, hence you need to study less. As a result, you can do more of self study to pursue higher studies in the field of SAT.
- Although the English is better in ISC butyoy can devote more time to SAT preparation if you are from CBSE board.
28th March 2016, 01:13 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

SAT is standardized test for college admission in United States of America.
It is conducted seven times annually in almost all countries.

Boards chosen by students doesn't matter much for SAT examination as to qualify SAT, preparation by students must be of very high standard as there are limited number of seats which is around 50 for Indian students.
As SAT is international level entrance examination, so, ICSE students have upper hand in comparison to CBSE students as the syllabus followed by ICSE board is of high standard than syllabus followed in CBSE board.
Instead of these CBSE and ICSE board, IGCSE board is much better option for students who wants to prepare for SAT.
IGCSE stands for International General Certificate for Secondary Education.

For SAT, students need to prepare for
-Mathematics
-Writing
-Critical Reading

Certain changes are made by the examination conducting body, some of major changes are
-Return to 1600 point scale
-Removal of penalty for wrong answers
15th July 2020, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

WHICH IS BETTER TO OPT AMONG HSC OR ISC FOR PREPARATION OF SAT
20th June 2021, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

I am in ICSE student of class 10 and I wanna study abroad in US so have to give the SAT examination but also wanna prepare for JEE as it can serve as a backup plan as if I can't study abroad then I can get into a good engineering college in India with good JEE marks.
So my question is that if I wanna prepare for both the exams which board should I take CBSE or ISC because I have heard that CBSE English is weak and for SAT you have to prepare very well for the English part and also the question is that can a CBSE student bring full marks in SAT? Please help please help
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?