1st February 2014, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Which board to select between ICSE and CBSE?

Which board should i switch ICSE or CBSE ?

From starting i have studed in ICSE school and wish to opt PCM ,so i wish to know which board should i go?

I have just completed class 10th.

4th February 2014, 03:49 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Which board to select between ICSE and CBSE?

Actually speaking there is no much difference about doing your Higher secondary schooling in either ICSE or CBSE as both considered to maintain same standards and as the same weightage when applying for your college

I would suggest you to continue with the ICSE board in the same school which will reduce the headache of trying to find out the new CBSE school and then getting enrolled over there as many wouldn't take up new candidates on 11th and 12th.

If you feel that you want to have a change of school and education atmosphere then you can go ahead for CBSE schools but as such there is no big difference between them.

So, bottom line continue with your same school if you just wanted some change of environment then go on for new CBSE school.
30th June 2015, 10:42 PM
sairam0123

Default Re: Which board to select between ICSE and CBSE?

Hello.

Both the board are good for further studies there is not much difference between them.
If you are the student of ICSE board it will reduce the headache of finding the new collage and moving into and adjusting into the different environment.
If you are studying with the ICSE board continue with that only there is no issue regarding that.
It is also a good board for studies.

I hope you got it.
1st July 2015, 03:26 PM
aslangyan

Smile Re: Which board to select between ICSE and CBSE?

You should go for cbse board . Even if you are not know the answer of a question you write whatever you know about the topic and you will get marks for that cbse is good for scoring marks.
2nd July 2015, 01:02 PM
Mohit.Bansal

Both of the boards have good reputation. So dont think to much about this. as you are going to opt PCM(Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics). As you are coming from ICSE board i will suggest you to go through ICSE board because you are familiar with it.
16th February 2016, 09:21 PM
satyavivek

I feel that ICSE syllabus is vast.Knowledge is never useless,but you have to work twice as hard as the CBSE students.Moreover, if you are preparing for any Engineering/Medical entrance exam at national level,you have to keep aside your ICSE textbooks and refer the CBSE ones,as that is the syllabus.

In the present normalization,an ICSE percentage of 98% is equivalent to a CBSE 96% in JEE Main rankings.

If you are interested in other streams like commerce,arts,.. I think CBSE is better.
But if you are interested in research you may take ICSE,as it has a vast syllabus which might fetch you good in depth knowledge if you work hard.
23rd March 2018, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

In ICSE 11th standard science group which are compulsory and which are optional subjects?
21st November 2019, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

My son always get first rank in cbse board.. He is now standard 9th.. which board is best in standard 10
4th February 2020, 03:34 PM
brgsi

Both the board are good,but as comparing them CBSE is easy and the size of syllabus is small as compared to ICSE.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slider-8.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	216807  
8th May 2023, 12:05 PM
Member+

The problem of selecting an education board can be partially overcome by comparing CBSE and ICSE. While ICSE focuses on your child's key personality attributes to aid in general development, CBSE aids in goal achievement. Students can succeed in any board with adequate planning. Additionally, boards will have an impact on your child's future job goals. Most people believe that those who want to pursue JEE or NEET typically favour CBSE, whereas those who want to study literature or abroad are more likely to favour ICSE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?