24th April 2011, 10:11 PM
ajanjli

What is the academic difference between CBSE and ICSE board? Which board is easier to score? Any real difference in subjects from preparation stand point?

I am looking to understand what is the acemedic difference in CBSE and ICSE board for a student going to 11th this year, which board is easier to score more as I am planning to choose Commerce with Maths? Is there any real difference in different subjects from the preparation stand point. I have been given to understand that one can score better in CBSE as compared to ICSE. while doing 10th I have appeared in ICSE board and is awaiting results which roughly as per my assessment will be around 80%.

Pl advise & guide.

Thx

Related Questions:
  1. Which is easier to score good percentage among ICSE and CBSE? Differences among them?
  2. What is the difference between State Board and CBSE board? Which board is easier among two?
  3. Is ICSE board consider to be easier than CBSE board?
  4. Which board would be better for me between ICSE and CBSE?
  5. Is there any percentile difference available in switching between Boards after completion of 10th? Which Board is better among CBSE, WBCHSE and ISC? List of CBSE schools in Pune?
  6. CBSE or ICSE, which is easier to study in 11th standard for 10th ICSE student?
  7. Is CBSE Board beneficial for getting admission in B.Tech? How subjects of CBSE Board is different from ICSE Board for 11th and 12th? Is engineering difficult for ICSE students?
  8. Which board should I opt in between CBSE and ICSE for medical preparation? -- [New]
  9. Can I get admission in 12th science after completing diploma?
  10. Through which board a candidate can secure good marks in 12th among CBSE and Maharashtra Board? Is there any difference at the time of admission in Engineering or Medical field?
  11. Difference between CBSE and State Board?
  12. Is ICSE better than CBSE for competitive exams?
  13. Changing board from ICSE to CBSE is beneficial for JEE Main and Advanced preparation?
  14. Difference between CBSE and NIOS syllabus and difficulty level?
  15. Possibility to get transfer from Bihar board to ICSE or CBSE board after 10th?
  16. Whether to take admission in CBSE Board or Maharashtra State Board? Difference betwen both the boards?
  17. ISC or Maharashtra State Board, which is easier to score marks in Higher Secondary?
  18. Which is better between CBSE and Maharashtra board? Is there any difference between the syllabus of CBSE and Maharashtra
1st June 2011, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the academic difference between CBSE and ICSE board? Which board is easier to score? Any real difference in subjects from preparation stand point?

how many cbse board schools have geography and maths as their subject combination in class 11.
5th June 2011, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the academic difference between CBSE and ICSE board? Which board is easier to score? Any real difference in subjects from preparation stand point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajanjli View Post
I am looking to understand what is the acemedic difference in CBSE and ICSE board for a student going to 11th this year, which board is easier to score more as I am planning to choose Commerce with Maths? Is there any real difference in different subjects from the preparation stand point. I have been given to understand that one can score better in CBSE as compared to ICSE. while doing 10th I have appeared in ICSE board and is awaiting results which roughly as per my assessment will be around 80%.

Pl advise & guide.

Thx
Which Board is difficult CBSE or ICSE
Ans. ICSE is difficult than CBSE
2. Why ICSE is difficult than CBSE
Ans. ICSE is little ahead of CBSE. The course covered by ICSE in 7th standard is done in 8th standard in CBSE.
3. Which Subjects in ICSE are difficult as compared to CBSE
Ans. In ICSE there is more emphasis on literature. The students who do not like literature and Social Sciences finds it difficult. Science and Maths are almost the same in ICSE and CBSE.
4. Which board is easy for scoring?
Ans. CBSE is more liberal and students can get better marks as compared to ICSE.
5. Which board should I choose for my kid?
Ans. This depends on the caliber of the child, and his area of interest.
• If the child is not so good at language and literature then, it is better to go for CBSE.
• If you want your child to take up management roles then, ICSE is far better then CBSE. ICSE gives a good command over language.
• If you want your child to score more percentage in boards, go for CBSE.
• If you want an overall better academic growth, go for ICSE because 2% or 5% more is boards does not matter a lot in the overall career. Even if the child becomes an engineer from the best institute, he might not rise in his career if he does not have an excellent command over his language.
6. Which board is better close to the engineering / Medical entrance exam?
Ans. Both boards cover complete syllabus that is needed for the entrance exams. CBSE being a little easier, the student gets more time to prepare for various entrance exams.
7. I am in CBSE board, can I switch to ICSE?
Ans. Technically anyone can shift from one board to the other but if you are in higher class, it is not good to change board. ICSE might be little difficult for you.
8. I want to do MBA which board should I choose?
Ans. If you are seriously planning to do an MBA from some good B- School, you should go for ICSE.
8th June 2011, 03:37 PM
pongapandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajanjli View Post

Pl advise & guide.

Thx
Dear student,
For a studious student board and school hardly matters.
But most of the student think that CBSE is easier than ICSE.But I don't agree with them.Basically both the board has the same syllabus,only the system of marking may differ.
Also the score of a student also depend upon teacher who receive their answer copies to be checked.

Hence it is not wise to discriminate between the 2 boards.

Thank you.
14th June 2011, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

what is the procedure to switch over cbse to isc board , My son passed cbse exam this year in school conduct , so he has no admit card but registration no with date of birth and also have cbse marksheet copy. I have admitted him in ICSE / ISC school but they are asking for migration certificate . I have applied for migration certificate to his present school .
but my question is (1) cbse board will issue this migration certificate without admit card ? (2) If migration certificate got , then any problem may arrise from ICSE / ISC board becoz of no admit card ?
23rd August 2011, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

my child is studying xth in ICSE. She is poor in History, Civics and Geography. After Xth class which group is better for his study
27th August 2011, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

My child is appearing for std 10th ICSE exams this year. She wants to take Commerce as her career. Is Maths compulsory for her till the 12th Std.
29th September 2011, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

which board is better?state,CBSE or ISC? after 10 icse,if i want to follow engineering,which system should i follow?.
30th September 2011, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

I want to know the Time Table of ICSE Examination (class -X) for 2012.
22nd November 2011, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

difference between second language and third language hindi in cbse syllabus
25th November 2011, 03:44 PM
Shweta1992

[QUOTE=ajanjli;559138]I am looking to understand what is the acemedic difference in CBSE and ICSE board for a student going to 11th this year, which board is easier to score more as I am planning to choose Commerce with Maths? Is there any real difference in different subjects from the preparation stand point. I have been given to understand that one can score better in CBSE as compared to ICSE. while doing 10th I have appeared in ICSE board and is awaiting results which roughly as per my assessment will be around 80%.

If you wish to do Commerce with Math, then I would suggest that ICSE is a better option as ICSE's Maths is more extensive. To make it easier for students, CBSE has reduced the syllabus and it's narrowed down, omitting various topics needed in 11th and 12th like Matrix. It's easier to score in CBSE with fewer subjects. But in ICSE, every subject is given in vast details and you have too many subjects. But considering your future, ICSE course will help you ahead in life. Besides, generally, though not always, ICSE students have a good command over English, which is very important in today's world. All the best...!!!
25th November 2011, 03:53 PM
Shweta1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
difference between second language and third language hindi in cbse syllabus
Third language refers to the lower Hindi that you havent opted for but you had to read it till class 7. Second language Hindi is the higher level which you have opted for, and you will write that exam in your Board exam. if you hav 3rd language Hindi, then you will have to choose some other language for the Board exam.
25th November 2011, 03:54 PM
Shweta1992

Quote:
My child is appearing for std 10th ICSE exams this year. She wants to take Commerce as her career. Is Maths compulsory for her till the 12th Std.
No, she can take subjects like Computer Applications in 12th instead of Maths, as Maths is not a compulsory subject in 12th for Commerce students. If it would have been, then maths is compulsory.
25th November 2011, 03:56 PM
Shweta1992

Quote:
which board is better?state,CBSE or ISC? after 10 icse,if i want to follow engineering,which system should i follow?.
If you're from states like Tamil Nadu and Andhra pradesh, then the State Board is better as you can score really well there. Else CBSE for 12th as it helps in entrnace exams, with a precise syllabus and usually, students score well in CBSE too as compared to ISC, in 12th.
25th November 2011, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

My son is studying in u.k.g.cbsc board .I m very much satisfy with this.but
Because of transfer of our job we r not getting the admission in good cbsc school ;
If I'll go 4 icse,then I ll get the admission in Gd school.
So can I change the board in u.k.g? .pls .help me
28th November 2011, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

hello sir / mam,
plz gv me d detail for my son he will 3years & 10months complet on june.so he will be able to class for lkg? and also let me know which
board is choose cbse or icse?plz ans as soon as possible.....
13th December 2011, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

My son is studying in Chinmaya International Residential School its CBSE school at Coimbatore. For XI he wants to come back and take commerce. We are planning to take admission in Poddar school which is the best stream ISC or CBSE. Any why?
3rd January 2012, 07:58 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 10th ICSE, i just want to ask that.......CAN I SWITCH ON TO CBSE BOARD...???? i want to take biology with biotechnology at plus-2 level...n i want to do genetic engineering..so what i shud do...??
24th January 2012, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

dear sir..please highlight me if the fathers name is mention in the final certificate of xth class in icse certificate ..and my kids go to sevethday adventist school ..is the certificate recoongonised all through the world...thanks
1st February 2012, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

my maths and science subjects are not good. i study in 10 . so after i give my boards, shall i continue in icse or cbse?
?
10th February 2012, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: What is the academic difference between CBSE and ICSE board? Which board is easier to score? Any real difference in subjects from preparation stand point?

Quote:
I want to know the Time Table of ICSE Examination (class -X) for 2012.
You can get the timetable by clicking this link :
http://www.cisce.org/Notice-Board/ICSE-TIMETABLE-2012.pdf

Thanks ,
Tanay
14th February 2012, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

i want to know number of seats available for 12th cbse students in engg.
16th February 2012, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

What is the academic difference between CBSE and ICSE board? Which board is easier to score? Any real difference in subjects from preparation stand point?

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/what-academic-difference-between-cbse-icse-board-board-easier-score-any-real-difference-subjects-preparation-stand-point-132974.html#ixzz1mYmhUMFc
21st February 2012, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

My child is studying VIII Standard in ICSE syllabus.As she is backloged in studies,we want to change her to CBSE.Pl suggest me,whether it is good to change her to CBSE &there will be any difficult to cope with CBSE in IX &X STANDARDS.
26th February 2012, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

I want to know whether ICSE pattern only teaches about western culture, history, geography. for ex. do they teach history of shivaji maharaj or battle of panipat, do they teach names of indian rivers.
28th February 2012, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

my child is now in 6th std in cbse board.he is good at math but week in english language can it is better to choose icse
19th May 2012, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

my son has given his 10th exam from cbse board.he wants to do genetic engineering.which subjects should he take in 2.pls suggest which board would will be suitable for him,cbse/icse/internatiomal.he is a bit tensed to take bio as it is tough for him.pls suggest related streams. you can also mail [email protected]
19th May 2012, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

my son aspires to become a scientist in genetics.he gave his 10th exam from cbse stream.bio is tough for him.which board would be a better option other than state.will IB help him.what are the of subjects he can take.
8th July 2013, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

which schools have cbse syllabus in grade 1?
7th December 2013, 01:56 AM
Unregistered

How meny option have in ICSE board after 12th
4th April 2014, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Why Engineering entrance exams follow cbse pattern and not icse ? Is it easier for a cbse student to qualify for engineering entrance than an icse student ?
24th June 2014, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

My son has passed xth from ICSE Board getting 70%. Which board is more easy ICSE or HSC for getting good marks in 12th std.
17th July 2014, 05:36 PM
kritika294

ICSE all the way. It's much more detailed than cbse. If one compares text books, we'll see that ICSE covers things in a much more in-depth manner. My son is studying at Candor International School for the last 3 years and I'm extremely happy about my decision of choosing candor over other schools.
14th October 2014, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

My son is studying 4th with cbse , I would like to join him in icse for class 5th. Again I want join him in cbse school at 9th/10th. Is my way of thinking is good or bad ??? Pls help me.
16th October 2014, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

my son's dob is september 23 2011 now he has 3 years and 24 days I would like to get admission in LKG at cbse school does he eligible for that what is th correct age for Ist std in kendreeya vidyalaya
1st April 2015, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

which board (Tamil Nadu state board or cbse) is best for medical aiming students?
18th May 2015, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

CBSE BOARD Is very tough then the up board because If You get in CBSE BOARD 50 percent then It Is equal to 85 percent in up board
13th January 2017, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

My Daughter is studying in cbse 5th standard, she is studying as a average student, now i need to change her to icse, any suggestion please.
3rd February 2020, 07:31 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

For studying get both the boards are equally good
But CBSE is believed to be easy because the syllabus is a bit less
It completely depends on you which board you want to choose if you are comfortable with ICSE board than you must select ICSE board because maths is more extensive and the syllabus is to the core
It gives you more opportunities if you want to study abroad
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?