7th February 2014, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

Can Commerce student do BCA after 12th?

Sir,
Now i am in class 12(comarce) without math. So after my class 12 i want do something in computer field. Like B.C.A.. Can i able to do that.

Kaushal(9563303626)

12th February 2014, 07:10 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can Commerce student do BCA after 12th?

Yeah,why not ? You are Of course eligible to go for the B.C.A( Bachelor of Computer Applications) course after completion of 12th class in Commerce stream.

To get in to the Admission of B.C.A I think you might have got a compulsory subject as the Mathematics.So this is one and only one requirement to go for the B.C.A Course.But some universities,allowing candidates having no subject of mathematics even.Along with the commerce students,Arts Students are also eligible to appear for the examination.

Some of the institutes such as Amity University,Manipal University,IGNOU even allowing the candidates those who have not the Mathematics as one of their subjects.To do B.C.A Course the minimum educational qualification required is just 12th class,but must be attained from a recognized university.And the minimum percentage of marks you must have attained is 60% of marks.If you are interested in doing futhther studies you can even go for the masters Post Graduation degree.You may go for the M.C.A(Masters in Computer Applications) there after.

Soon after completion of the M.C.A you can find your employment in the Multinational companies.Because most of the Software companies hire the Computer Graduates to work for their projects.You must be very good at programming languages,for getting good career.
27th April 2019, 08:37 PM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can Commerce student do BCA after 12th?

yes.....Ofcouse ... BCA is a Bachelor's Degree course which any stream students can pursue (Science, Commerce and Arts) after completing 12th schooling from a recognized Board.

The general eligibility criteria to be eligible for applying for BCA course you must have completed your Higher Secondary (+2) Examination or equivalent(diploma/degree), with minimum 50% marks in total and also having Mathematics as subject in the qualifying examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?