17th October 2014, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in AIPMT next year at the age of 15 years old?

I m class 12, my date of birth is 18 may 1998... Can i appear in aipmt 2015 or i have to drop one year??

17th October 2014, 08:56 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in AIPMT next year at the age of 15 years old?

Yes, you can appear for AIPMT 2015 examination after completion of your 12th standard. Since, you have attained the age of 16 years till now, by next year at the time of AIPMT examination you will attain the age of 17 years. The minimum age required to appear for AIPMT examination is the candidate must have completed 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission to MBBS/BDS course. Upper age limit to appear for AIPMT examination is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination. There is no restriction on the number of attempts to appear for the AIPMT examination.
18th October 2014, 10:58 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I m class 12, my date of birth is 18 may 1998... Can i appear in aipmt 2015 or i have to drop one year??
As per age criteria you are not eligible for AIPMT 2015 exam.

AIPMT stands for All India Pre Medical Test. This examination is Conducted by CBSE every year.

Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for AIPMT exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Bio logy and English. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years. No age relaxation provided for reserved category.

http://www.aipmt.nic.in
18th October 2014, 03:54 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for the AIPMT exam.Because, you are only 16 years old. As per the eligibility criteria, the candidate should have attained an age of 17 years.

Eligibility:-
1)The candidate must have completed the age of 17 years as on December 31, 2015 for admissions through AIPMT 2015.
2)The upper age limit for AIPMT 2015 is 25 years as on December 31, 2015. The upper age limit shall be relaxed by 5 years for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes.
3)Only those candidates will be eligible to take AIPMT 2015 who have passed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English subjects individually.

So, you have to wait for one year for admissions through AIPMT.
18th October 2014, 05:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

The age limit for CBSE NEET which is now the all India level medical entrance is 17 years to 25 years of age. Educational qualification required for NEET is 10+2 with physics, chemistry and biology with at least 50% marks. There is relaxation in marks for reserved category candidates.

It is clearly mentioned that minimum age for NEET is 17 years, so you are definitely not eligible for this examination and will have to wait for two more years.

You can utilize these two years for better preparation of medical entrance exam, so that you can get a government medical college. You can also join some graduation course in your field, if you don't want to waste your time.

For more information visit http://cbseneet.nic.in
30th August 2015, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

In September 2016 I will be 16yrs old can I then take aiims or aipmt exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?