23rd December 2015, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in any entrance exam to study B.Tech being an NIOS student?

Sir,
I was a 12th Science stream student. I have completed it from NIOS Board. Can I participate in any entrance exam and join B.Tech course?

28th December 2015, 10:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in any entrance exam to study B.Tech being an NIOS student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I was a 12th Science stream student. I have completed it from NIOS Board. Can I participate in any entrance exam and join B.Tech course?
You can do B.Tech degree through JEE main exam being a NIOS student.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main and Advanced. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You can apply consecutively for 3 years.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
30th December 2015, 12:54 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in any entrance exam to study B.Tech being an NIOS student?

Yes, you can very much appear for JEE(Main) examination being a NIOS student there is no harm in it.

You just need to score well in your boards and I am sure you will get yourself into good college and pursue your career.
31st December 2015, 07:42 PM
rituja mukherjee

Entrance exam for B.Tech is open for all candidates from CBSE/ISC/STATE BOARD or any other recognised Board.NIOS is a recognised Board in India. So being a student of NIOS you are eligible to take part in the entrance exam. But at the same time you would have to fulfill the marks eligibility to sit for the entrance test. If your marks Perce fits the eligibility criteria set by the concerned college, then you are definitely eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?