16th April 2015, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

Whether NIOS student is eligible to study BDS course?

Sir,
I am a NIOS 12th student and have submitted
my CET application form. I want to do my BDS,
so am I eligible as I am a NIOS student?
Will it affect me in future?

20th April 2015, 03:26 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether NIOS student is eligible to study BDS course?

Yes, you are very much eligible to do BDS course even having passed out your +2 from NIOS board as NIOS is now a recognised board and is widely accepted.

However, below I have mentioned the eligibility to appear for BDS entrance examination.

Kindly have a look at it..

Eligibility for Appearing for BDS Exams:

> Candidates who seek to apply for the BDS course must be above 17 years and less than 25 years.

> Candidates must have finished their class 12 with a background in science from any recognised University.

> Candidates must have attained a minimum of 50 percent in the final exams; relaxation is given to SC/ST students.
20th April 2015, 05:07 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Whether NIOS student is eligible to study BDS course?

Definitely yes you are eligible for BDS course NIOS - National Institute of Open Schooling Doesn't matters ,the things matters that is you are from science stream and got at-least 50% marks in final board exams. BDS is a dental courses that is recognized by the board. The BDS is a five-year course that includes four years of academics and one year of internship. There are many colleges and universities that provide dentistry courses.

Top 10 colleges in India for BDS and MDS
1). Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Science ,Delhi
2). Manipal College of Dental Science ,Manipal
3). Bapuji Dental College & Hospital ,Davangere
4). SDM College of Dental Science & Hospital ,Dharwad
5). Govt. Dental College & Hospital ,Mumbai
6). Tamilnadu Govt. Dental College ,Chennai
7). Bharati Vidyapeeth Dental College & Hospital ,Pune
8). SRM Dental College ,Chennai
9). Dr. R. Ahmed Dental College and Hospital ,Kolkata
10). Saraswati Dental College ,Lucknow
15th September 2015, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Sir Can I study bds in china from nios board 2 Science certificate?
27th December 2016, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10th in NIOS with the subjects ( english, business studies, economics, home science, data entry operation), and i am doing my 12th in NIOS with subjects ( english, Physics, chemistry, biology & data entry operation). Please advice am i eligible to do BDS in chennai. Sir waitibg for your kind reply.

Thanks
Swapna
11th April 2017, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have completed my 10th class from CBSE delhi in 2013 and 12th class from NIOS Board from jharkhand in 2016.
So my question is NIOS students can apply in Delhi
University for german language course or not?
Kindly reply to me asap.
30th November 2017, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

I am a regd. Pharmacist under Assam pharmacy council.Now I am doing govt. Job as a pharmacist and now my age is around 44 years. Now I want to know can I study the B.Pharm. course through NIOS? Will it be equivalent with B.Pharma course passed from a govt. recognized institute?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?