21st July 2015, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Is it difficult to take admission in Engineering college for NIOS student?

Sir,
I want to continue my study in NIOS Board so that I can prepare and score well in Engineering entrance exam. I am in 10th CBSE right now. So I want to know will NIOS affect me in taking admission in Engineering colleges?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission for Engineering having 12th passed Certificate from NIOS having 4 years gap after 10th?
  2. Is it difficult to get admission in IIT if pursue 12th from NIOS Board?
  3. Does it hold same value if we study in CBSE and NIOS?
  4. Shall I take admission in CBSE after 10th from NIOS or continue with NIOS board? Will I get admission in good college if studied NIOS?
  5. Admission in Engineering colleges of Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu is possible after 12th NIOS?
  6. Will there be problem at the time of admission after completing 10th from NIOS?
  7. Does CBSE and NIOS has the same value? Will NIOS affect me in taking admission in engineering college? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Is it difficult to get job for 12th NIOS student?
  9. Is it possible to complete 12th exam in private if I have discontinued school in the middle?
  10. Whether pursuing 12th from NIOS board is barrier for studying Engineering and getting job?
  11. Why I am not getting admission in any college with NIOS certificate?
  12. Can I get admission in engineering college after passing 12th from NIOS board?
  13. Whether 12th class passed student from NIOS board is eligible for any course in Merchant Navy?
  14. Admission in Pune college in Dec after giving NIOS exam?
  15. Can I get admission in 12th NIOS after completing 10th CBSE? Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  16. Can I get admission in Balaji Law College, Pune to study Law after completing 12th NIOS?
  17. Is it difficult to study MBBS in Japan if pursue 12th from NIOS Board?
  18. What is the difference between NIOS and CBSE? Will I have the same opportunities as a CBSE student?
22nd July 2015, 05:42 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it difficult to take admission in Engineering college for NIOS student?

You can apply for engineering entrance exam after completing your 12th from NIOS. The degree awarded by the NIOS is accepted through out the country. So the candidate who has completed his/her 12th from NIOS can apply for any entrance exam. So you do not have to worry about the admission in the engineering after completing 12th from NIOS.
31st July 2015, 06:11 PM
pointer01

Default Re: Is it difficult to take admission in Engineering college for NIOS student?

NIOS is an open schooling. NIOS is also reputed and recognized Board. You will get admission in any field through NIOS. There will be no problem in taking admission in Engineering through NIOS. But, I suggest you to remain in CBSE Board. Because at the time of campus Placement you may a face problem in taking job.Also the CBSE Syllabus is good and will help you to qualify the entrance exam.
1st August 2015, 08:48 PM
Sandy131070

For my point of view no difficulty in admissions to engineering college because NIOS boad is very good.
2nd August 2015, 11:04 PM
bambam04
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I want to continue my study in NIOS Board so that I can prepare and score well in Engineering entrance exam. I am in 10th CBSE right now. So I want to know will NIOS affect me in taking admission in Engineering colleges?
It's depends on you how you study in NIOS board, I think all board is good
If your study is good in NIOS board is better then you can do engineering otherwise you can't do.
the preparation of engineering is depends on you how you study, it's not depend on which board you are from.
6th August 2015, 11:34 PM
newmoon06

NIOS Board is the Open schooling Board. It is highly recognized board. You can take admission in NIOS Board very easily. Through NIOS Board there will be no need for you to attend the regular classes. So, you can do your preparation easily. Every Board is good. But, I think you may remain in CBSE Board as the CBSE study pattern is very good. You can also score good marks from CBSE. Syllabus of CBSE Board will also help you in many entrance exams.
12th December 2015, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

I have done 12th from CBSE then after NIOS , Now filling form for IIT, which board should I fill? which board have more value. please guide me
17th January 2016, 08:59 AM
Unregistered

I'm a 10th pass out and want to study higher, will this board help me to become a software engineering.
30th January 2016, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Respected people's,
I just want to conform that student passed out from
NIOSboard have difficulty in getting placement for job in colleges.??? OR they do not get any offer about companies placement when they are in colleges???
Also do not get job even having good result in B.tech???????
8th June 2017, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

IS NIOS STUDENT CAN APPLY FOR MERCHANT NAVY IF FULFILLING REQUIRED CRITERIA
9th June 2017, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

If a child studying private as any school . Then his or her child get private certificate which is denoted on their report card. Is there some thing in NIOS also ? That the NIOS result also denote private on it.?
28th January 2019, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

If I do class 10 from nios and 11 and 12th from any college will the nios certificate can get me admission in any college for clsss 11 and 12
26th September 2019, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

I have completed class 10th from nios I have not taken maths on it can I take admission in Politechnic.
30th November 2019, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

I am studing 12th standard in nios if I have eligibility for engineering?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?