9th April 2015, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in Compartmental exam if failed in 1 subject of 12th CBSE being a Private candidate?

Sir
I have appeared as Private candidate in CBSE
class 12th Board exam and I got failed in
1 subject so can I give compartment exam?
Please do let me know sir.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in class 12th CBSE after failing 12th CBSE in 3 subjects? Do I have to appear as a private candidate? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I appear as a private candidate from Delhi for 12th CBSE?
  3. Should I prefer private school or open school? Will I be able to give compartmental exam of PCM?
  4. What is the fee structure to give CBSE 12th private exam?
  5. Can I give CBSE 12th private exam after failing in physics in 12th?
  6. How should I apply for compartmental? I have failed in Maths
  7. Possibility to study 12th CBSE from any Private School if failed in 12th ISC?
  8. Is doing 12th(without Maths) through private CBSE fine, for a 12th failed candidate? What's the future prospective for the same?
  9. Will I get admission in Delhi University after passing 12th as CBSE private candidate
  10. Can I appear for 12th board exam as a private candidate?
  11. Can I get admission to study 12th from CBSE Private School if failed in 2nd PUC?
  12. What should I choose among Private CBSE Board and UP Board if failed in 12th CBSE? Is it a barrier to get admission in B.Tech?
  13. Can I get admission in any good engineering college after completing 12th CBSE Compartmental exam? Does it create problem at the time of placement? Which is better for me between CBSE Compartmental exam and NIOS exam?
  14. Is it possible to change subject from Science to Arts for CBSE private candidate?
  15. Can I get readmission if failed in 12th CBSE?
  16. Should I study B.Com and appear in Economics of 12th if failed in Compartmental exam?
  17. Can I get promoted to 12th standard and appear in compartment exam if failed in 11th Mathematics?
  18. Difference between private and regular 12th CBSE?
13th April 2015, 01:20 AM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I appear in Compartmental exam if failed in 1 subject of 12th CBSE being a Private candidate?

Yes you can reappear for one subject only if you have failed in it.

Only the thing is that you have to wait for one whole year as the compartment exam is being given with the regular students only, as their is no separate exam taken for compartmental students.
13th April 2015, 11:09 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I appear in Compartmental exam if failed in 1 subject of 12th CBSE being a Private candidate?

Yes you can appear for compartmental exam of the subject ,A candidate failing in one of the five subjects of external examination shall be placed in compartment in that subject provided she qualifies in all the subjects of internal assessment.

A candidate placed in compartment examination may reappear at the compartmental examination to be held in July the same year, may avail herself of second chance in March/April and third chance in July of next year. The candidate will be declared ‘PASS’ provided she qualifies the compartmental subjects in which she had failed. Syllabi and Courses shall be the same as applicable for the candidates of full subjects appearing at the examination in the year concerned.

A candidate who fails to appear or fails at one or all the chances of compartment examination shall be treated to have failed in the examination
14th April 2015, 08:20 PM
Tanveer2308

Yes you can give compartment exam as you got failed in only one subject. Yes you can definitely fill form for re-appear as you are a Private Candidate.

You can get compartment form from any book stall or from your previous school campus. Just purchase form and fill it. Attatch all require documents along with examination fee draft in favour of secratory central board of secondary education.

Post all stuff to address given in form. After that you will be registered as a compartment candidate and documents like enrollment number and registration number will be posted to your postal address mentioned by you in the form.
20th September 2015, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

I have faild in biology 12th and next year i clear tge paper..which entrance exam i can gave?
20th May 2017, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir this year i have given class 12th examination as a private candidate. Can i reappear during compartment examination in 2-3 subjects
31st May 2017, 10:43 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir this year i have given class 12th examination as a private candidate. Can i reappear during compartment examination in 2-3 subjects
Yes. If you failed in any subjects than you are very much eligible to apply for compartmental examination which is generally start distributing it's forms after few days of the declaration of result.
To know more about important dates of compartmental exams i suggest you to go and meet the school officials or keep visiting your board site.
Thanks.
16th July 2017, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

I have appeared as a private candidate and the outcome was Compartmental from where can I collect my admit card? will the old private admit card be the admit?
11th August 2017, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for exam if I fail in one of the subjects in the compartment exam as a private candidate? Is there any chance?
16th August 2017, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have appeared 12th Compartmental exam in JULY 2017 and got plucked. Now I want to take. migration CART.T.C "8 Can I appear 12th science compartmental exam privately in 2018
29th October 2018, 03:27 AM
Unregistered

Can I reappear as private candidate in all the subjects if I failed in my 1st attempt of compartment exam
18th June 2019, 03:37 AM
Unregistered

Can I give compartment exam if I fail in private candidate i.e improvement exam
19th July 2019, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

I have got again compartment in 1st attempt, is I am Elligible for private candidate for 2019-20
1st August 2019, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Sir i got failed in cbse 1st compartment class 12th chemistry held in July 2019.will i get second compartment exam of chemistry?
18th March 2020, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir i failed in one subject in cbse board as a private candidate , so what can i do??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?